1.    #1  
    Im wondering if there is anyone here on this board who have their treo600 unlocked successfully by their provider ( Orange UK, Orange FR etc..)?

I know noone seems to have done this successfully from using a 3rd party company, but I have read in other boards that some people successfully unlocked their Treos with the help of their provider.

My question: how many digits was in the unlock code you received from your provider? Was it 4 digits long, 8 digits long or something else?

TIA!

touchdown
  2.    #2  
    I found the answer at pdafrance. It is 8 digits long.

http://www.pdafrance.com/pdaforum/sh...threadid=21856
    Je suis désolée - je comprendrez pas!

How's my French?
    PhiL
    ----
    Mulled over Smartphone but now a Treo 600 owner
    Originally posted by PhiL P
    Je suis désolée - je comprendrez pas!

How's my French?
    Hi,

Close but no cigar (for your French)

Looked through it quickly and besides a guy who proposes to try to get your Treo unlocked with some "foggy" story about bad reception, the only interesting thing is that an other guy bought a T6 from Orange: 679 Euros unlocked.

As he knew that the ones they sell are locked (even at list price), he insisted to get the code and he got it from Orange after two faxes and almost three weeks of patience.

It's an 8 digit code that has to be keyd in (at dial pad view) : *#*#nnnnnnnn#.

As the phone was supposed to be sim-free, he didn't pay a penny, sorry euro cent.

Bye,

Ton

Forgot to mention, There is a rumour that Orange France should unlock for 79 Euros if you are within the famous six months but no one has managed for the moment - Orange just seem to refuse, even if you would want to pay.
    Last edited by Tonio78370; 12/23/2003 at 05:45 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Tonio78370

Looked through it quickly and besides a guy who proposes to try to get your Treo unlocked with some "foggy" story about bad reception
    So all we really needed to do to get our treos unlocked was to find a spot with a bad reception.... cool....
    Yep that's all!!

What's this song called again... ah Supertramp "Dreamer, he's nothing but a dreamer"
    Like I said in another thread - I rang Orange UK to enquire about getting my Treo unlocked, and it basically meant paying off my year of monthly line rental charges, and something like a £20 admin fee.

I think this would still make it cheaper than buying the Treo outright sim free over here, since you are done with paying line rental charges at the same time as owning you Treo in full. I might do it in a few months when I've had it for a while, and thus paying off the rest of the year won't be such a big lump sum.

Thus I don't know what the length of the code is, but it at least lets you know what sort of £ I'm talking about. (BTW I'm on a £25p/m plan!) Do the math...