1.    #1  
    I just got an e-mail from NuShield, they are now making screen shields for the Treo 600. I personally like shields over the sticker type screen protectors.

http://www.nushield.com/products.htm

Jeff
    just got mine today.

DON"T BOTHER

They made them too big. They are about 1/4 inch too long.
    These are the type that just slide inder the edges of the screen, and I'll be damned if I am going to try to wedge an extra quarter inch under the top or bottom edge. And no I won't be cutting it down to size myself.

Be sending these back ad looking for something else til they get it right.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by Woof
    just got mine today.

DON"T BOTHER

These are the type that just slide inder the edges of the screen, and I'll be damned if I am going to try to wedge an extra quarter inch under the top or bottom edge. And no I won't be cutting it down to size myself.

Woof
    I wedged one in and it seems to work fine. Took a lot of effort my first time, probably because the instructions are not as clear as they should be, and I'm used to peel-and-press WriteRights for my old PalmVx.

if you put it in evenly, it's only 1/8 inch on each of top and bottom.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Originally posted by Woof
    just got mine today.

DON"T BOTHER

Woof
    Woof,

I've noticed that you've posted the above response in a couple of threads and it seems the nushield's were somehow not what you expected. If you had read their web site you would have known that the size is to be expected. It's what keeps them in place!

Please stop posting that these are defective because they're not. A lot of people read this forum and you could be negatively impacting sales of what looks like to me (yes we have an eval set) to be a perfectly decent screen protector.
    Derek,

Although your post pissed me off because of your implication that you have any sort of authority to control expression of my opinion, I am not going to call you names and tell you where to go. I will however say this. I can post my opinion on here regarding anything to do with the Treo 600 and it's accompanying accessories. If you don't like it too bad.

Regarding the Nushield.

I am one of Nushields biggest fans. I used them on my Samsung I330 and they were wonderful. I loved the fact that I could quickly take the shield off and clean it and reinstall it. By quickly I mean seconds. Really a remarkable design. ( for those that dont know, there is no adhesive. The shield is actually slightly bigger than the screen opening and fits under the edge of the screen frame) I was very anxious to get them for my 600.

Well they arrived and i was disappointed. Why? Because the shield was MUCH bigger than the screen opening. Very different than the I330 version. I measured and it is a full 1/4 inch longer than the screen opening. I read the instructions in case there was something new and proceeded to install my shield. There is a plastic film that is removed first but I left that on just to make sure of the fit. If these were the same as the I330 it would be cake to remove the shield, pull the film and reinstall.

Well it wasn't cake. After getting the sides in and pushing it up to the top and under as far as it would go (per instr) I still had over an 1/8 inch hangover at the bottom. The shield was actually touching the top edge of the nav ring. I tried for at least 20 min to install this thing from every angle and direction and it will not fit.

As I explained to mark from Nushield in an email, I am done. This should not be this hard. I am not willing to force it and damage my phone(what if I slip and put my thumb through the screen?). I will be sending these back.

Perhaps you will have better luck.

The one i had for my 330 was a snap to use and I had hoped this version would be too. Perhaps it's my phone?

More for Derek:

two things.

1. never used the word defective in my post.

2. As I mentioned above, i am entitled to my opinion. I live in the USA and i have free speech as a right. This includes voicing a negative opinion about a product in a forum relating to said product, following the guidleines of the forum. I still don't see where you get off telling me to stop posting my opinion. I frankly could care less if I hurt their sales. I think that's how a free market works. If I had a problem with your website, I'd certainly say so (great site by the way). I am also bothered by the fact that you apparently think that most people are too stupid to think for themselves and make their own decisions. Most folks would not decide based on one negative opinion. But if they do at least they won't have to get the same unusable product I got in the mail. Hmmm, maybe that's three.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Just got an email from Nushield.

Apparently my phone has unsufficient gap to accept the product and I am instructed to send it back for a refund.

So that everyone knows, this company is AWESOME. Even though it won't work for me it may work for you. I think it's my phone.

Ok I was a bit harsh in my first post but I expected it to be just like the old one I used. Still a great shield, and a great company.

Woof
    Last edited by Woof; 01/03/2004 at 04:03 PM.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    derek,
    i too think that you have done a wonderful job with your site. But please refrain from shooting down all criticisms pointed at items reviewed positively by you. People are entitled to their opinions. No company can have perfect quality control. You have to realize that there's a possibility that the sample item you received is better than what others have received, I'm assuming that you are not a mystery shopper and that they send you free samples for your evaluation. Personally, I love reading others gripe about products. It gives me a heads up, b4 I decide to throw down my hard earned money. It would be nice to get free samples from these companies like you, but we can't all be as fortunate.
    correction: I guess u didn't review the said product. But my general opinion still holds.
    Although you've both obviously put a massive amount of time and effort into your responses, I refuse to be sucked into a free speech discussion, clarify the inference of the word "defective", discuss any type of free product for review conspiracy theory or in general further clarify anything I've said. I will say that both of you are WAY off your rockers with your own responses and in the same spirit of "free speech" you'll just have to accept this response as well as my original one under that same protective umbrella.

Cheers!
    Last edited by derek985; 01/03/2004 at 06:14 PM.
    Originally posted by derek985
    Although you've both obviously put a massive amount of time and effort into your responses, I refuse to be sucked into a free speech discussion, clarify the inference of the word "defective",
    Not really. 10 or 15 minutes. Less time than I wasted on the unusable (please infer poorly designed, not defective) Nushield that started this whole pile of BS. But really what difference does that make? If I want to spend hours typing to get across to you that you have no right to tell me or anyone else what to post on this forum, that's my choice. I don't think that affects you one bit.

You allowed yourself to be sucked in by responding.

I will say that both of you are WAY off your rockers with your own responses and in the same spirit of "free speech" you'll just have to accept this response as well as my original one under that same protective umbrella.
    I am forced to take issue with the "WAY of your rockers" portion of this post. I am going to take a chance and speak for Treosome and say I/we don't appreciate the inference of mental instability. I implore you to reread my post and notice that I did not attack you personally, I just took issue with your comments. Also my mention of the free speech business was only to point out that I (and anyone else for that matter) had the right to post an opinion, however negative, about the subject at hand.

It was not to entrap you in a discussion of the 1st amendment.

Originally posted by derek985

Woof,

I've noticed that you've posted the above response in a couple of threads and it seems the nushield's were somehow not what you expected. If you had read their web site you would have known that the size is to be expected. It's what keeps them in place!

Please stop posting that these are defective because they're not. A lot of people read this forum and you could be negatively impacting sales of what looks like to me (yes we have an eval set) to be a perfectly decent screen protector.
    I will additionally take exception to your "read their website" comment. You are mistakenly assuming I did not review their (Nushield's) website and so I knew nothing about how the shield worked. Don't assume. It makes you look like an ***.

Also in the second paragraph you tell me to stop posting regarding these shields. Again you assume. You assume you have the authority to do so. You assume the product I have is not defective. How do you know? Have you seen them? Been to my house and checked them on your 600? No you have not. Therefore you have no idea what I have to work with. Then you chastise me for posting something negative that could negatively impact sales. This is ridiculous. Do you berate your Chevy hating friends too. What about those Pocket PC guys down the hall? Will their dislike of PalmOS hurt the company? Or do you bother with those?

Overall, it would have been much more productive of you to empathize with my situation and point out that you had no issues with the product. Maybe "Gee Woof thats's too bad. I have tried the Nushield and it works great. Maybe you got a bad sample or something. Have you talked to the manufacturer about a swap or a refund?" None of this would have followed a post like that I am sure.

One final note to all regarding the NuShield screen protector, assuming you have read through all this crap. They make a great product. It just didn't happen to work for me. I know mine wasn't the only post on this forum calling a product crap. I have seen many. I will say that my past experience with NuShield has been great. Long lasting and durable. Prior to this experience they were easy to install and remove too. And since I am unable to make it work on my phone they have offered a full refund. That is worth alot to me, because a company that realizes its product is not for everyone is bound to succeed. Regardless of what some other people think.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Hahahahahaha! I find your responses to be pretty amusing (although too long to read all the way through). You obviously have way too much time on your hands so here's an idea - maybe you should focus all this extra energy on manufacturing really high quality screen protectors!

Lighten up.
    Last edited by derek985; 01/03/2004 at 09:54 PM.
    I don't really have all that much time on my hands. I just enjoy this forum. Clearly you have enough time to read my posts and comment on them. And we all know you read every word.

Since we have pretty much beaten this to death I thought I'd throw you a bone.

This thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t45568/s.html is about Chatopus and there are folks on there badmouthing the product. Maybe you can police your way over there and put a stop to it. Yunno just so the developer doesn't loose business.

You might also pay close attention to the last post in the thread from dlbrummels. Makes a nice point.

Woof
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Thank you for defining the path to enlightenment. Are you done yet or do you have even more verbal diarrhea to spew forth?

Love,
    Derek.
    hahahahaha,
    For someone who doesn't have enough time, he seems to be everywhere on the boards. try this, ask any question on any thread directed at derek and sure enough he will reply. Derek, maybe your problem is planning. Make better use of your datebook that's on your treo, and maybe then you can have enough time to read a whole two paragraphs. Only if there was an audio version of the forum, then you can listen to it in your car... or perhaps a cliff's notes for treocentral forum. I better cut this off short so derek can read the whole post... who am I kidding I probably lost him at two sentences.
    Originally posted by treosome
    hahahahaha,
    For someone who blah blah blah blah blah...
    Can you please shorten your responses? I could'nt get past your first sentence.

Thanks!
    Last edited by derek985; 01/06/2004 at 04:09 PM.