1.    #1  
    I would like to assign a Speed Dial (Quick Key) to the Touch Screen Dial Pad. i.e.-Press and hold the button for 2 and it will dial the desired phone number. Just like one does to access voice-mail with the button for 1.

I've checked the Manual, HS Support, Discussions Search here, etc. with no luck.

Is there an App or Hack that will allow this yet? Maybe there's a solution discussed here that I missed.

Thanks
    set it up in the favorites menu of the phone
  3.    #3  
    Did that. Assigning numbers only works on the qwerty key pad. No effect on the number pad on the touch screen.
    You can make any Favorite button to be assigned to any keyboard button.... just follow directions.
  5.    #5  
    Right No problems there. But, that wasn't my question.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Mahootzki
    You can make any Favorite button to be assigned to any keyboard button.... just follow directions.
    you're not reading the posts! yes, you can assign any favorite button to any keyboard button, buy you can't assign a favorite to a NUMBER so that you can just press and hold that NUMBER on the screen and it will dial.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the clarification on what can and can not be done.
    I'm having trouble assigning a keypad number for speed dial - when I press the function key and a number, I just get a beep. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.
    Ok,

So let me get this straight. I can assign a speed dial/favorites to a keyboard key but NOT to the touchscreen?

Seems a bit strange but I can live with it. I use Takephone 95% of the time anyway but it does seem strange that I can't use the touchscreen to access speed dial on the 2-0 keys........

Ski
    Anybody make any progress on this one...still looking for a solution please