Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my 512meg SD card and put a bunch of music on it... When I listen throught he headphones, everything is great.

I have an FM transmitter thing that hooks into the headphone jack so I can play the music through my car stereo... The problem is that when I plug the transmitter in, the phone reverts to sending the sound through the speakers. The little headset adapter is well seated, etc.

In fact, I plug in the handspring 90 degree adapter, and the speaker turns off, I plug the transmitter into the adapter and the speaker turns back on.

Any ideas? Does someone have a particular brand of FM transmitter they have that seems to work?

Thanks

John
    I just got a Belkin Tunecast for mine. I received it in the mail today and tried it on my home stereo. It works alright, within 6-10 feet. I have a SIIG fm transmitter that I bought at BestBuy a couple weeks ago, and it works excellent for desktop to home stereo use. Excellent range and quality. I'll update in a week or so on the Belkin and how it works in the car. The SIIG one worked pretty well in the car.
    I have the same problem with my cassette adapter. It's about 10 years old, but thought it would work. Start playing a track in PTunes. Plug in the HS 90 degree adapter to the T600 and the sound goes away. Plug in the cassette adapter (not in car or any other player) and the sound comes from the T600 again.

Thinking of getting another at Radio Shack and seeing if it works. If not, returning it and trying to figure out what else I can do...
  4.    #4  
    I just got an "irock" at Compusa and it works fine....
    Originally posted by stecz
    I just got an "irock" at Compusa and it works fine....
    I just got my iRock and works well. Even works with speakerphone mode on Treo 600. I dialed a number with iRock on, turned on speakerphone, and put the treo 600 on the passenger seat... the person I called heard me just fine from the driver's seat.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
    Does this mean that the caller's voice comes through your speaker system or did you mean to say that you could have the conversation without the stereo/music disrupting the conversation?
    Originally posted by MVT
    Does this mean that the caller's voice comes through your speaker system or did you mean to say that you could have the conversation without the stereo/music disrupting the conversation?
    Didn't try it yet while pTunes playing music. So I meant that caller's voice is on the car stero speakers.
    Day-Timer (1995) > Palm Pilot 5000 (1996) > Palm Vx (1999) > Treo 600 (2003) > Treo 650 (2006)

Avoid MediocreSoft!!! - Give me PalmOS or give me death!
  8.    #8  
    If I'm using ptunes in the car, and I get a call, I just press the answer button, ptunes pauses and you have the call. You hear through the car speakers and the microphone on the phone picks up your voice fine.

After the call, you have to go back to ptunes and unpause it.

I programmed one of the main buttons to be ptunes so that it's easier to get to in the car.
    Originally posted by dnheller

Didn't try it yet while pTunes playing music. So I meant that caller's voice is on the car stero speakers.
    Have you given it a shot yet? I'd think it works if it's worked for your calls. I guess it's the output device that's the problem.

Two more questions: First, if you leave this thing plugged in when the car is off, does it drain the battery? Does anyone know?

Second, does anyone know where I can get a simple output as a tape that will play through the car speakers? (you know, the ones that you plug into your stereo jack then plug into the tape player in your car...)?

Thanks...
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Originally posted by ziphem
    Two more questions: First, if you leave this thing plugged in when the car is off, does it drain the battery? Does anyone know?
    What thing? The FM transmitter? If that is what you are talking about, then the answer is no. The iRock FM transmitter has an On/Off button and it will shut itself off when you turn the car off. Mine has been plugged in for more than 1 month.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I got two L-Shaped adapters from en eBay source (part of an accessory package)...tried one from Radio Shack... and still can't plug my Treo into either a cassette adapter or my FM transmitter... And like the others, headphones plugged into either adapter work perfectly (plays thru headphones/diables speakerphone).

I'm reluctant to buy another cassette adapter, etc.. Anyone using an adapter successfully for something other than headphones?

Thanks!
    I think that some posts were lost when the board went down, since I thought I followed-up...Anyways, I just use a splitter attached to the converter. Then, from the splitter I run headphones and the adapter. It worked great, that was until my car got totalled in an accident, of course. I don't think this method harms the Treo at all, I wouldn't think so, but I'm far from an engineer Check out this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46958
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    I just bought the Seido FM transmitter. Although it doesn't show it as part of the package online, it came with the 'car powered cradle'. At 34.95 for the transmitter, car power adapter and 2.5mm adapter, I think it was a good deal. Audible books sound great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrick
    I have a SIIG fm transmitter that I bought at BestBuy a couple weeks ago, and it works excellent for desktop to home stereo use. Excellent range and quality.
    Wait a minute, that sounds awesome for streaming MP3's. So how far away is your PC from your stero? My Pc is upstairs and my stero is downstairs? Would the signal penetrate the walls??
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I've got an iRock FM transmitter (multi-channel) that works fine. Prevelant static in densely populated areas though. Cassette adapter I got at Radio Shack always works fine and is my solution of choice.
    What is the adapter you have to buy to make the irock/other FM transmitters work with the Treo 600 since it's not a standard headphone size? Is the same adapter you have to buy from Handspring?

http://www.handspring.com/products/P...006&cat=310005
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    For the iRock (or whatever) I use the adapters I got from Handspring. Or one of the ones I got from Radio Shack (plastic filed down on a bench grinder as necessary).
    So the same one I posted skidoo? And what do you mean you filed one down from RadioShack? I thought you could only buy the headphone jack from Handspring since it's not the standard 3.5MM?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    So the same one I posted skidoo? And what do you mean you filed one down from RadioShack? I thought you could only buy the headphone jack from Handspring since it's not the standard 3.5MM?
    Radio Shack carries the correct adaptor size. I forget the measurements (pretty sure it's smaller than 3.5 mm), but it works fine. There's nothing special about it. Just have to make sure the adaptor you get is stereo.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    It is a 2.5mm adapter, you have to file them because the dont really go in far enough.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast