Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Right. The hole on the Treo is recessed a little. Been discussed at least a few times before on this board. Maybe the threads were lost in the fire.
    Well if anyone has some instructions on what exactly to file down I would like to see it. I assume you are filing the black part down to make it go in further?
    Just take a sharp knife and cut the black plastic ring closest to the plug and that was sufficient for me to have it stay in the headphone hole without a case on. With the case on, I'd probably have to cut it a little more.

I bought a new Maxxel CD/Cassette adapter so the tape goes into my tape player in my car, the cord goes into my radio shack adapter to the treo and my mp3s play nicely!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks man. I will check it out....
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah, going via cassette adapter into your car kicks ***. When a phone call comes in, it automatically goes to speaker and you hear the caller's voice over your stereo. Coolness. Somebody a while back was complaining about feedback or something. I've never had the first problem. Sounds great, works great.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have been surfing the IPod forum, for a viable solution. I do not have a tape player in the car. I have added subwoofers, amps, and capacitors to my stereo. However, I stuck with the original headunit, that way, I can just leave my doors unlocked and a woodbe criminal, can just open them and as far as he can tell everything is stock. Back on subject, alot of people on the Ipod forum are adding hardwired FM modulators. I have checked ebay, but not one of them gives that great of a description so I was hoping they would know the best one to use. It seems like most of them are going with an Audiovox version, I wont be for a couple of reasons, so I will let you know how the one I decide to use works out.
    Yeah please do. Why wouldn;t the IPOD people use the ircok or the Belkin one?
    Perhaps due to feedback. I've been searching this board for people with problems with humming and buzzing due to engine noise (playing MP3's over car stereo). I picked up an IRock with the cigarette lighter adaptor (my last one went through batteries like CRAZY, like 20 minutes then it was gone) and when it is plugged in AND the T600 is plugged in to the car adaptor, there is a whine in the background that increases as the volume is increased. I have dealt with this in other products, too. Laptop in my car (plugged in) playing MP3's over this new plugged in IRock, a radio scanner (plugged in) with a powered external speaker (plugged in) <It's a police car... > they all whine. My electronics friends tell me that I need a filter in between the device and the power source (common in car stereo installations). Anyway, perhaps this is what the IPod folks are doing. I'll have to check it out.

Has anyone experienced this problem or fixed it?
    I know Kung Fu...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    It's a ground issue. Everything has to be grounded to the same place.
    So how do you ground personal electronics powered by cigarette lighter adaptors?
    I know Kung Fu...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wvutdre79
    So how do you ground personal electronics powered by cigarette lighter adaptors?
    Are they all plugged into the same cigarrette lighter hole? The cigarrette lighter plug should provide the grounding. And multiple sockets should ground to the same place. Or, if the device is not wired correctly (internally), it may not even be providing a ground link.

It's just that after installing tons of electronics in my vehicles, the symptoms you describe sound suspiciously like the results of bad grounding.
    I get exactly the same hiss when I use my cigarette lighter adaptor for power. The FM transmitter is clear as a bell if I am not charging the Treo.
    I read on this a little at the iPod user forum. It sounds like if the stereo system and the cigarette lighter one is using to power the Treo &/or FM modulator are not grounded to the same place, there will be ground problems and engine noise as a result. It sounds like if there was a cigarette lighter adaptor noise filter device (female cig adaptor end running to noise filter running to male cig adaptor) which ran between your car and your devices, it might help. I have tried plugging my devices into the same sockets and additional sockets with little sucess. I usually just unplug the T600 when I run PTunes.
    I know Kung Fu...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12