1.    #1  
    I just upgraded my standard Sprint phone to a Treo 300 after checking on epinion.com.....reviews were favorable. I happen upon this site and it seems everyone is itching to dump the 300 for the new 600......am I buying a piece of junk?? I understand the flip is vunerable.....but what about sound quality and ease of operation? My new toy has not even arrived yet and I am having serious doubts....I'm payin $ 250 after rebates.........I am a fairly active cell user with a busy schedule....will I kill it?? Advice Please!!!
    I've had the Treo 300 since coming out and got the Treo 600 when it came out. Both good units. My concerns with the 300 were: the flip breaking (didn't happen to me or my wife, but the chance...); battery life (yep, that is a concern - loves to be charged and will not last); and outdoor visibility. Otherwise, it is a good phone. The 16mb limit is ok and the speed was ok. Though, compared to the newer 600, it is SLOW to say the least.

Some programs did not operate on the 300, though that was not a concern of mine. Overall, a good phone.

Ben

-=-=

Originally posted by carasu
    I just upgraded my standard Sprint phone to a Treo 300 after checking on epinion.com.....reviews were favorable. I happen upon this site and it seems everyone is itching to dump the 300 for the new 600......am I buying a piece of junk?? I understand the flip is vunerable.....but what about sound quality and ease of operation? My new toy has not even arrived yet and I am having serious doubts....I'm payin $ 250 after rebates.........I am a fairly active cell user with a busy schedule....will I kill it?? Advice Please!!!
    i have the 300 and will probably eventually buy a 600 but only in a while when price comes down. i love the 300 and do not feel any pressure to change
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I loved my Treo 300. But couldn't stand the Flip Top. Battery life was weak but not as a big problem for me as much as the Flip was. I never liked any phone with that feature.

Overall it is a good devise. You'll enjoy it.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your replies...I feel better now; I've actually always been fond of flips, so maybe this won't be so bad for me.....
    I had a Treo300 but it's flip broke and I was able to exchange it via a warranty for a Treo600. I have very fond memories of the Treo300 and agree it is a great device, but have no regrets since moving to the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Despite wrapping my second 300 with a nice little bumper for the lid, I can see the crack(s) progressively getting worse. It's just a matter of time before this one breaks.

SO, you got yours exchanged? Where(Sprint store, other)? That was very kind of them...
    --
    jt
    if you're paying $250 after rebates for a t300, i'd be pretty pissed off. They were going for $100 on amazon after rebates a little while ago and if you can snag one, the t600 is $250 after rebates on amazon.
    Originally posted by senor_jt
    Despite wrapping my second 300 with a nice little bumper for the lid, I can see the crack(s) progressively getting worse. It's just a matter of time before this one breaks.

SO, you got yours exchanged? Where(Sprint store, other)? That was very kind of them...
    I got my old Treo300 from Best Buy and had also purchased the extended warranty. When I returned my Treo300, they only equivalent model they had was a Treo600 luckily...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    Well, after Sprint Customer Service screwed up and cancelled my order without telling me for no apparent reason, I went into a local sprint store (fortunately, there are quite a few of them int he Tampa Bay area). The service was much better, and whether it was a mistake or not, I got my new Treo 300 for $100....they charged me $250 and took off another $150, which I thought was $150 too much, but who am I to argue?? It seem to be working just fine so far, and the lid seems to have been modified a bit, the spring is fairly weak, and the ledge that hits the flip when up has a curve to the edges now....so maybe it will be OK, regardless......for $100, the phone sounds fine, the PDA works great........even if it only lasts less than a year.....I'm happy....
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Just be careful with the lid. Don't let it spring open (i.e. flick it open). Get in the habit of gripping the lid on the sides opening the lid with your hand the whole way. This is what I do. Also do not press the phone up against your face or ear. Get in the habit of light pressure. Also use a carry case of some sort.

If you treat the Treo like a PDA and not the old brick Nokia you will be fine.