1.    #1  
    I'm a newbie and you may have seen my slightly frustrated posts.

I'm still weaning myself from the Sidekick, an operating system I knew by heart and could do practically anything with a flip of the thumb.

That said, I'm solving some of my problems and had good success with my Treo today.

I find that Handspring's Mail beta doesn't crash my Treo like Snappermail does. It has a feature not to autocheck mail when roaming. So far I haven't found such a feature in Snappermail.

And, I found that surfing in a larger city with and without proxy today was reasonably fast. It was the first day where the thing seemed like it might work out.

I also installed mLights and I think that eliminates some seriously annoying behavior with regard to the backlight and its levels, etc.

Maybe I'll keep this thing.
    Well, I have had no problems with Snappermail. Well, the lights - no problem with them. Since this is a new toy/tool, it takes time to get things working properly. Like you and everyone else, I too have been frustrated at times. However, it is improving and the programs I use daily are now VERY reliable. Chatter, Bob's Alarm, BackupMan, Datebook5, the list continues, programs for OS5 or w/OS5 support - doing well. I also use HandBase and though it has a screen write problem with OS5, it is equally stable. I have no regrets about picking this unit. Before I purchased it, I spent some time at CompUSA playing with some ppc units and frankly, was not impressed.

Ben

-------------

Originally posted by macfreak
    I'm a newbie and you may have seen my slightly frustrated posts.

I'm still weaning myself from the Sidekick, an operating system I knew by heart and could do practically anything with a flip of the thumb.

That said, I'm solving some of my problems and had good success with my Treo today.

I find that Handspring's Mail beta doesn't crash my Treo like Snappermail does. It has a feature not to autocheck mail when roaming. So far I haven't found such a feature in Snappermail.

And, I found that surfing in a larger city with and without proxy today was reasonably fast. It was the first day where the thing seemed like it might work out.

I also installed mLights and I think that eliminates some seriously annoying behavior with regard to the backlight and its levels, etc.

Maybe I'll keep this thing.
    I think that when you become more acclimated with the unit and how it operates, you will be a more satisfied owner.

For me, I love mines and how it simplies and automates my life.

My daughter and I went to a church function this weekend and when I whipped out the Treo and started to take pics, everyone was like "wow it does all that." I smiled and said...."and more."
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre