Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen a utility that can sync the clock with the NIST servers? With the standard Network Time Protocol (RFC-1305)
    and all the freeware PC/Mac/Linux clients, I was a bit surprised not to see anything popup in google.

I realize all you Sprint users don't need this, but my GSM phone on the T-Mobile network doesn't have that handy little clock setting feature. Probably the one thing I actually miss about Sprint -- automatic time changes when you shift time zones!
    for palm?

never seen one, but have you tried palmgear.com?

i sync my pc time using about time and then use time sync that came with backup buddy to sync my treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I use WorldMate. One of the features it has is a time sync. Great little program.
  4.    #4  
    A bit expensive, but that should do the trick. Thanks!
    I use sntp to sync using the Network Time Protocol, which ultimately syncs to the NIST servers.

You can find it at http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/rees/pilot/#sntp ...
    it's freeware.

b.g.
    Anyone heard of a program that will do this automatically? That is, check the server at set intervals and adjust the clock accordingly?
    If you sync your PC to NIST, then you can use timecopy to sync your Treo.
    If you sync your PC to NIST, then you can use timecopy to sync your Treo.
    netClock will allow you sync to an IP time server.

http://www.shin.nu/~FocV/NetClock/

-G
    Originally posted by tcc
    Anyone heard of a program that will do this automatically? That is, check the server at set intervals and adjust the clock accordingly?
    That would be the best solution. Many of the programs people are listing here require user interaction (like clicking an "apply" button or syncing or something) not just doing it automatically. I think many of us are looking for a set-it-and-forget-it solution. Please correct me if any of the programs mentioned work like this and I just interpreted them wrong. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Alli
    I use WorldMate. One of the features it has is a time sync. Great little program.
    I heartily second the recommendation of worldmate (www.mobimate.com). If you do any business or communication people in countries other than your own, it is very handy for time zones, currency conversions, clothing size converters, etc.

But if all you want is atomic time sync I agree $25 is too much.

-- Kevin
    "If looks could kill, each and every cheap thrill could be a homicide."
    - from the song "2001" by Melissa Etheridge
    Originally posted by hoffmang
    netClock will allow you sync to an IP time server.

http://www.shin.nu/~FocV/NetClock/

-G
    Has anyone been able to get netClock to work on the Treo 600?

I tried v1.3 (which I think is the most recent version) with both the built-in list of NTP servers as well as several others that I found on an NTP list on the web -- and never got further than a "server not responding" message.

I use Atomic Clock Sync (http://www.worldtimeserver.com/) to sync all my PC's and then TimeSync (I think that's the name) to sync my Treo to my PC every hotsync. Works for me.
    I also use World Mate and time sync frequently. Also use Timecopy to synce after using Atomic Clock on the PC. I have found the Treo to be amazingly accurate never requiring more than a second change in a day and most times no change.

Robert
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just did a time sync in Worldmate. It only took seconds. I confirmed the time against another atomic clock in the other room........perfect...sweet!

Mac
    Originally posted by DZfromOZ

Has anyone been able to get netClock to work on the Treo 600?

I tried v1.3 (which I think is the most recent version) with both the built-in list of NTP servers as well as several others that I found on an NTP list on the web -- and never got further than a "server not responding" message.

v1.3 works for me with all six built-in ntp servers. Almost instantaneous after tapping 'adjust'
    Just set "Enable Local Network Time" in the Date/Time Prefs, and your Treo clock will be sync'ed.

I've noticed that alarms on my computer (which is ntp'ed to a stratum 2 server = it's very exact) happen the EXACT same time as on my phone.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Originally posted by phandel
    Just set "Enable Local Network Time" in the Date/Time Prefs, and your Treo clock will be sync'ed.

I've noticed that alarms on my computer (which is ntp'ed to a stratum 2 server = it's very exact) happen the EXACT same time as on my phone.
    I think I'm missing something: I don't seem to have an "Enable Local Network Time" in the Date/Time Prefs. Could be that it's only available with certain networks (and not including Orange)?
    Originally posted by MarkC

I think I'm missing something: I don't seem to have an "Enable Local Network Time" in the Date/Time Prefs. Could be that it's only available with certain networks (and not including Orange)?
    It's available as an option on Sprint's Treo.

I too have found it very accurate, so much so I question the need to sync a Sprint Treo 600 using any other method.
    Originally posted by dgoodisi

It's available as an option on Sprint's Treo.

I too have found it very accurate, so much so I question the need to sync a Sprint Treo 600 using any other method.
    Wish the Orange version did this. I currently have netClock running with a macro in MacroPlay. This works ok but the MP demo expires soon and the app costs 25 USD.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast