1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.

I posted the following on the General Software forum but thought it might be appropriate here, since it's Treo 600 specific (OS 5 only).

I recently updated SpeedLaunch to support the Treo 600 5-way navigator and would really love to get feedback from the treocentral community. Please give the demo a try and let me know your thoughts...

Anything you think could be better?
    Anything you'd like added?

The demo can be found on my website. For those of you who access this forum from your Treo, I also have a mobile edition of the website.

One quick note. I'm currently working on support for expansion cards and hope to have something available early next year.

I look forward to your comments.

Sincerely,
    Geoff Akens

Edit:

I just realized I didn't really describe what SpeedLaunch is, so many of you may not know if you even want to bother checking it out. SpeedLaunch is a button launcher that gives you quick access to the applications you use most. It allows you to assign up to 10 applications for each of the four hardware buttons on your Treo 600. It also has a command bar on the launch window that gives you access to six commonly used commands.
    Originally posted by geakware
    Hi everyone.

I posted the following on the General Software forum but thought it might be appropriate here, since it's Treo 600 specific (OS 5 only).

While it's nice to see a potential competitor to 1 Button Pro - which already supports launching applications from expansion memory - in addition to
    CoLauncher and every other launcher out there, it would be a shame to see this site start getting spammed every time any developer updates an app. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

While it's nice to see a potential competitor to 1 Button Pro - which already supports launching applications from expansion memory - in addition to
    CoLauncher and every other launcher out there, it would be a shame to see this site start getting spammed every time any developer updates an app. I'm sure you can appreciate that.
    This site is for information; it does not matter who provides it or why. If someone does not update the users of this forum, then the forum serves no purpose. So, I for one, thank the developers for their updates.
    Originally posted by ido

This site is for information; it does not matter who provides it or why. If someone does not update the users of this forum, then the forum serves no purpose. So, I for one, thank the developers for their updates.
    So would you like to see the Treo 600 hardware forum SPAMMED by developers each time any of the 20,000 + apps available for PalmOS are updated?

Information is good only if it's organized.
    chupacabra is *****
    Originally posted by treoneo
    chupacabra is *****
    treoneo not know how to speak engrish.
    I love you
  8.    #8  
    Chupacabra is right about not wanting every developer to post to this forum everytime they update some software. The information posted here should be specific to the Treo family of devices. Those who have visited my site may have noticed that I make other applications. However I have not posted about those applications here because they don't currently support the Treo devices.

I want to make it clear that I have no intention of SPAMming this forum. However, when I feel I have information that may be of interest to Treo users, I will post it. Additionally, when I would like the input of the Treo user community, I will ask for it on this forum. I hope most of the forum members do not view this as SPAM.

I also hope the members of this group find my software useful. If so, I'd love to hear about it. If not, I'd still love to hear about it. That's what this forum is all about.

Sincerely,
    Geoff Akens
    If it relates to the Treo 600 and it does, post away... Other wise how will we find out about apps that have been updated to support our device?

Keep up the good work!

Originally posted by treoneo
    I love you

I love you too. Let's be friends again, ok? Call me!
    Without this sort of exchange on this board, we wouldn't have Chatter, Verichat, treo300/600sms, keycaps, and others. Isn't that why this boyrd was created in the first place?
    Originally posted by geakware
    Chupacabra is right about not wanting every developer to post to this forum everytime they update some software. The information posted here should be specific to the Treo family of devices. Those who have visited my site may have noticed that I make other applications. However I have not posted about those applications here because they don't currently support the Treo devices.

I want to make it clear that I have no intention of SPAMming this forum. However, when I feel I have information that may be of interest to Treo users, I will post it. Additionally, when I would like the input of the Treo user community, I will ask for it on this forum. I hope most of the forum members do not view this as SPAM.

I also hope the members of this group find my software useful. If so, I'd love to hear about it. If not, I'd still love to hear about it. That's what this forum is all about.

Sincerely,
    Geoff Akens

So you apparently think it's ok for anyone selling an app they claim to be "specific to the Treo family of devices" to post to the Treo 600 hardware forum any time they update their app.

You really are a selfish b@stard.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

So you apparently think it's ok for anyone selling an app they claim to be "specific to the Treo family of devices" to post to the Treo 600 hardware forum any time they update their app.

You really are a selfish b@stard.
    Chupacabra,

You make a good point. Perhaps the word 'specific' was a little misleading. However, that was not my intent. I updated my app to support the Treo 600, and in that sense, this release was Treo 600 specific. I thought the members of this forum would like to know. Additionally, I value their input.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Whatever your opinion may be, I don't think I've done anyting to deserve the names you're calling me. I hope we can keep things civil from here on out...
    That's the accumulated time to date that I have wasted on this board as a result of Chupacabra's obsession with posting etiquette.
    I agree that having information available to us is paramount to what this board was created for. If not for that purpose, then what? I assume that Chupacabra would rather have posts explaining the proper protocol for communication and not the actual communication. Let me guess, you are in management.
    I agree - as long as it's related to the Treo series, then I have no problem with it being here. Ben

Originally posted by starrwulfe
    Without this sort of exchange on this board, we wouldn't have Chatter, Verichat, treo300/600sms, keycaps, and others. Isn't that why this boyrd was created in the first place?
    let's drunk chupacobra
    things are alot more pleasant for me on this board now that I've clicked "ignore" for the unecessary and irrelevant ranting.

imho, if it's treo 600 related, i want to know. that's why i come here. if it's an update to an app that was not previously treo 600 specific but now is, or if it's an update to an app that i use on my 600 but is now better, well, i want to know, and that's why i come here.