1.    #1  
    PLEASE DELETE - POSSIBLE MISTAKEN IDENTITY Explanation below.

OK, This is really confusing.

I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy tonight and they identified CometCursor as being a data miner.

On Ad-Aware it shows Comet as being in the Natara folder. But I think it's possible that Ad-Aware and Spybot are getting confused between CometCursor and Comet, and they are not the same thing.

??????

ANYWAY - I don't want to put any false accusations out there - this is just what Ad-Aware and Spybot are showing. It's possible they're just confusing the names, but it's weird.

AD-AWARE catches:

C:\Program Files\Natara\Comet

I think the problem must be with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

?????
    Last edited by TreoScott; 12/20/2003 at 01:07 AM.
    I use Natara Comet and Ad-Aware and have never had Ad-Aware pickup Natara Comet. It did pick up CometCursor which I immediately deleted.

Ben

Originally posted by TreoScott
    PLEASE DELETE - POSSIBLE MISTAKEN IDENTITY Explanation below.

OK, This is really confusing.

I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy tonight and they identified CometCursor as being a data miner.

On Ad-Aware it shows Comet as being in the Natara folder. But I think it's possible that Ad-Aware and Spybot are getting confused between CometCursor and Comet, and they are not the same thing.

??????

ANYWAY - I don't want to put any false accusations out there - this is just what Ad-Aware and Spybot are showing. It's possible they're just confusing the names, but it's weird.

AD-AWARE catches:

C:\Program Files\Natara\Comet

I think the problem must be with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

?????
    Yes, Spybot tags some of our stuff, in particular the desktop icons, etc. as being the same as the "Comet Cursor". They are not very smart in their identification of such things.

We have even sent them email on this a couple of times and never gotten a reply. Not much we could do short of changing the name of our product, and we are not likely to do that.

(Ad-ware actually doesn't falsely identify Comet if you update to some of their newer releases. I think this was fixed several months ago... Just SpyBot).

BTW: I don't mind the article remaining if you could get the moderator or yourself to change the subject like to be a bit less aggressive. I think the information being here is useful.