Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hey guys

I got the emulator to work, but how do u exit it, i have to do a soft reset, and lose all my gaming

Another small question, how do u change the resolution

thanks
    Hey is this software still around?
    I tried to click on the link provided by TR30 and it didn't work.
    Then I tried to search for it via Google and the link there didn't work either.
    Are they called something else?

I found the app in Palm Gaming Wold but it's the v1.3 which TR30 said didn't work well.
    Where can I find this app?
    Is it called something else now?
    Well I figured I'ld add my .02 cents here:

Emulators: I have both Gizmo and Nesem on my Treo and they play great. However, I think I should also mention Phoinix which imo is one of the best GB emus for palmos, and its FREE!

Racing: you got to mention Napalm Racing which is the original and Freeware! Also don't foget to load the extra courses

Puzzle games: I like Cubis and Pocket Chess. In fact both Astraware and Handmark have lots of cool games...

RPG, RTS: Okay I got to mention some of the following
    -Dragonfire - excellent
    -Lemonade Tycoon - very fun. In fact, Jamdat overall has lots of good Palm games imo.
    -Master Theif 3D- this is a sweet game!
    -Aggression - remember Risk? This is an incredible game. The low rez treo screen is a limitation but it still plays awesome
    -Medieval Heros - great strategy game for palmos...
    -Rifleslugs nice graphics

Other games:
    -Interlopers - awesome space invaders clone! Right now beta is FREE! Also Prison from same dev is another great freeware breakout game!
    -Fluglotse - cool air traffic game for Treo

Games I wish would work on the Treo!
    -Dreamway
    -Hellfire: Apache vs Hind
    -Snails
    -Interstellar Flames
    -Shattered Worlds
    -Magic World
    -Legacy
    -Fish Tycoon
    -Plant Tycoon
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/13/2004 at 03:09 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Can you get all the free games TR30 mentioned with NesEm on Phoinix?
    Where can I get these?
    I downloaded Phoinix but it says I need to have my own games (maybe I didn't look good).
    I sure would like to be able to play Contra again....
    Any way for the main list you could add which are children appropriate? Kind of like the ratings for Xbox, etc.? I have 3 kids under 10 and want to load a few apps without having to try them first and see if they are appropriate.

Cut right to the chase.
    thanks gfunk somwe of those games are way cool
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Hey is this software still around?
    I tried to click on the link provided by TR30 and it didn't work.
    Then I tried to search for it via Google and the link there didn't work either.
    Are they called something else?

I found the app in Palm Gaming Wold but it's the v1.3 which TR30 said didn't work well.
    Where can I find this app?
    Is it called something else now?
    Hey Jojo, you should be able to download NesEm from www.kalemsoft.com in the "Download" section.
    Can you get all the free games TR30 mentioned with NesEm on Phoinix?
    Where can I get these?
    I downloaded Phoinix but it says I need to have my own games (maybe I didn't look good).
    I sure would like to be able to play Contra again....
    Phoinix is a Gameboy emulator and NesEm is a Nintendo (NES) emulator, so if the game you want to play was developed for the Nintendo (like Contra), you would have to use NesEm. These emulators don't actually come with games (ROMs), so you would have to look for them yourself by doing a google search.

Okay, I'll stop here about the ROM stuff before another debate on legal issues get started again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptemo
    hey guys

I got the emulator to work, but how do u exit it, i have to do a soft reset, and lose all my gaming

Another small question, how do u change the resolution

thanks
    To exit out of gamplay, tap the screen, select the "home" icon, choose to save game or not, and you will be brought to the main screen.

To exit out of the app, simply select the "EXIT" button on the main screen.
  10.    #70  
    Updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Hey Jojo, you should be able to download NesEm from www.kalemsoft.com in the "Download" section.
    Thank you! I tried the links provided for NesEm on earlier post but they didn't work.
    This one works though. I will download it and try it. Is the demo as good as the real thing or does it have its limitations?

Thanks so much.
    i think it has limit on how big a game can be or that might just be something else
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Thank you! I tried the links provided for NesEm on earlier post but they didn't work.
    This one works though. I will download it and try it. Is the demo as good as the real thing or does it have its limitations?

Thanks so much.
    Is the demo version still 1.3? Or did Kalemsoft finally update the demo to 1.4? With the demo, you can only play games that are like 45KB or below. And the resolution on 1.3 is not as great as 1.4.
    Is it me or is Kalemsofts site still down?

Also, theres a Gameboy Advance EMU out there now! ... Not for us, of course, but still...

http://www.crimsonfire.com/firestorm/
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm not getting anything for kalemsoft? which is the next best nintendo emulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by jensenej
    Yeah, I'm not getting anything for kalemsoft? which is the next best nintendo emulator?
    What do you mean you're not getting anything at Kalemsoft...I got through to their website.
    Click on this link: http://www.kalemsoft.com/download.html
    i think he means that he is not going to buy anything from them not that he cant get on to the site

No, I actually meant the site was down for like a week.

Its back up now.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    yep, I meant that the website wasn't working for a time - now it is - which are the best under 40k roms to see if it works? I've tried excitebike and duckhunt(not sure how this would work anyway) and they don't seem to work. Pacman is choppy - which are best for the treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

I have plant tycoon on my treo 600 and it works perfect. Just though I'd let you know if you didn't try it .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast