Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I got the 1.4b version, and the screen isn't nearly as big as what you posted. Its a problem, because you can't read any of the text, which sucks for RPGs, where the emulation speed wouldn't really be a problem.
    Paid for NesEm and tried out the 1.4 beta. It is quite a bit faster than 1.3. Noticed that 1.4b times out after 5 minutes. Figured, since I paid this wouldn't happen. Is this just how it is with all the beta versions?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by treosixoo
    Paid for NesEm and tried out the 1.4 beta. It is quite a bit faster than 1.3. Noticed that 1.4b times out after 5 minutes. Figured, since I paid this wouldn't happen. Is this just how it is with all the beta versions?

Timed out? Never had mines time out before. Is this happening with all your games?
    The 5 minute time out occurs in the demo version. Might want to delete it off the pda and reinstall it.

I went ahead and got the 1.4b demo version and loved it - I paid for NesEM and dl'ed the 1.4b version. But the paid version seems to move as slow as 1.3 did on my phone and I am not sure why. It says it is 1.4beta.

Any ideas?
    yep.
    Looks like i demo'ed the Zodiac version by mistake, but that version allows me to use buttons simultaneously (fire and move in Galaga) which I cannot do in any Treo 600 version. The zodiac version even seems to ignore McPhling and and other hacks I have running (again the Treo600 version does not ignore them). It also seems to run faster on the Treo600.

The only drawbacks that I see is that I have to assign the Treo buttons at first installation of the game, and the tool bar at the bottom of the screen is reddish instead of normal color.

Does anyone know of any downside to using this version on the Treo? Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is a Zodiac?
    yep.
    Originally posted by krock
    Looks like i demo'ed the Zodiac version by mistake, but that version allows me to use buttons simultaneously (fire and move in Galaga) which I cannot do in any Treo 600 version. The zodiac version even seems to ignore McPhling and and other hacks I have running (again the Treo600 version does not ignore them). It also seems to run faster on the Treo600.

The only drawbacks that I see is that I have to assign the Treo buttons at first installation of the game, and the tool bar at the bottom of the screen is reddish instead of normal color.

Does anyone know of any downside to using this version on the Treo? Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is a Zodiac?
    I haven't tried the Zodiac version, so I don't really know any downside to using it on the Treo 600. I got the Treo version and I can move and shoot/attack at the same time without any problems.

The Zodiac is basically a Palm gaming device. Kinda looks like a GameGear.
    okay, well I will assume it must be the hacks/apps I am running (slow launch, mcphling, keycaps600) that are slowing down and messing with the Tre600 version of NesEm. I will keep trying to figure it out.

Anyone else using those apps with NesEm successfully?
    yep.
    Demos Registered Users' Downloads
    STK V1.0
    NesEm V1.3* (Palm, Treo600, SONY)
    Gizmo V1.0 (Treo)
    Gizmo Ultra V1.0* (Palm, SONY)

Gizmo Ultra 1.1 Demo for Zodiac (11 Dec 2003)
    NesEm 1.4 Demo for Zodiac (11 Dec 2003) STK V1.0

NesEm V1.3
    Users Bought NesEm before Nov 14, 2003, please get the update from here**
    NesEm Lite

Gizmo V1.0
    Gizmo Ultra V1.0

NesEm Manual
    NesEm RomInstaller (updated!)
    Gizmo RomInstaller (updated!)

NesEm RomInstaller for OSX (Contributed by Richard Chamberlain)

above is from Kalemsoft.com. The only 1.4 version I see on here is the 1.4b. Where did you get the 1.4 regular version from?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Originally posted by krock
    okay, well I will assume it must be the hacks/apps I am running (slow launch, mcphling, keycaps600) that are slowing down and messing with the Tre600 version of NesEm. I will keep trying to figure it out.

Anyone else using those apps with NesEm successfully?
    When I was running 1.3, I found KeyCap600 was the culprit to the slow-downs that were occurring on my NesEm. Once I disabled it, game ran smoother.

Also, to eliminate more slow-downs, try messing around with your emulator speed. NesEm is defaulted to "Auto" speed.
    ..... above is from Kalemsoft.com. The only 1.4 version I see on here is the 1.4b. Where did you get the 1.4 regular version from?
    I only have the 1.4beta (1.4b) version. No regular one out yet that I am aware.

BTW - I had to disable all three apps to get the Tre600 version to run "normally".
    yep.
    Just a few questions about NesEm:

- You can press multiple buttons at the same time and have them register?
    (i.e. Contra - you sometimes have to press down, right, and "A" at te same time)

- Are the buttons too close together to be comfortable? (5-way and "A" / "B" buttons)
    Originally posted by RWerksman
    Just a few questions about NesEm:

- You can press multiple buttons at the same time and have them register?
    (i.e. Contra - you sometimes have to press down, right, and "A" at te same time)

- Are the buttons too close together to be comfortable? (5-way and "A" / "B" buttons)
    You can map the up, down, left & right buttons on the 5-way and map the "A & B" buttons to something else, (keypad letter p, o or any other key).

You can run/move left or right and hit the "A or B" jump button at the same time. So, to answer your question, you can use more than one button at the same time. Everything just moves a little slow with the NesEm on the 600.

Hope this helps.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Are the two buttons to the right of 5-way too close to map comfortably to the A & B buttons?

...thats really what I was getting at.

Can you tell I dont have a 600 yet?

Thanks guys
    Originally posted by RWerksman
    Are the two buttons to the right of 5-way too close to map comfortably to the A & B buttons?

...thats really what I was getting at.

Can you tell I dont have a 600 yet?

Thanks guys
    I map out my A and B buttons to the Mail and Power buttons (the buttons on the right of the 5-way) and they feel comfortable to me. I have no problems.
    Can someone post pics of some of the games on their treo? The only pic I saw was on this thread was Contra. I would like to see how some of the other games look on the Treo. Thanks.

You can map the up, down, left & right buttons on the 5-way and map the "A & B" buttons to something else, (keypad letter p, o or any other key).

You can run/move left or right and hit the "A or B" jump button at the same time. So, to answer your question, you can use more than one button at the same time. Everything just moves a little slow with the NesEm on the 600.

Hope this helps.
    Hey treosixoo, do you have version 1.3 or 1.4beta? Because I used to have 1.3, which I was able to map my A and B buttons to the period key and Return key. But now that I have 1.4beta, I can't assign any keyboard buttons, so I've been using the Mail and Power hot keys, which is fine for me. I was just wondering how you were able to assign keyboard buttons on 1.4beta (if that's the version you have).
    Originally posted by TR30

Hey treosixoo, do you have version 1.3 or 1.4beta? Because I used to have 1.3, which I was able to map my A and B buttons to the period key and Return key. But now that I have 1.4beta, I can't assign any keyboard buttons, so I've been using the Mail and Power hot keys, which is fine for me. I was just wondering how you were able to assign keyboard buttons on 1.4beta (if that's the version you have).
    I'm using 1.3 again. You're right, you cannot map to any key in 1.4b. Hopefully when 1.4 is complete, we will be able to map to any key.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Donkey Kong pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Sorry, these pics are a bit blurry. It's a bit difficult to take a good picture of a backlit screen...
    Ghost N Goblins:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast