1.    #1  
    I just reinstalled Rally 1000 on my new treo 600 and can not seem to get it in color.. worked fine on my old M505.. wanted to make sure it was a treo issues and not just me?

-David
    Works fine for me, in color.

You're talkng about the card game right?
  3.    #3  
    Yes the card game. Worked fine in color on my M505, and upgraded to the treo and now is in black and white. I tried del. it and reinstalling it off a new d/l from the web, but it is still in black and white. Anyone know if there is a setting someplace I am missing?

Thanks,

-David
    It (version 4.2) works properly in color on my Sprint Treo 600 (with up-to-date ROM). Unfortunately I just upgraded to a Sprint 700p, and the game now appears in black & white.

The only other mention I could find of this was someone saying that installing the 1.20 ROM update on the Treo 650 GSM caused the game to become black & white.

Haven't seen any solutions, though. And of course the developer can't update it (at least not publicly) since the ******* owners of the Mille Bournes card game threatened to sue him. It might be one thing if his product had been stealing sales from an officially licensed version, but instead, the Mille Bournes people just think we should go without any Palm version of the game.
    Actually, hang on -- just did some more Googling and found a potential solution (actually two, counting the cumbersome one he mentions using Khroma) -- see the second-to-last paragraph in this post:

http://www.1src.com/forums/showpost....20&postcount=7

Like that poster, I was unsuccessful in Googling for the older post he was remembering, and have an evening engagement so I can't try doing forum searches on 1src and Brighthand right now, but maybe someone can find the hex editing instructions he's talking about? Or if there are any Palm OS developers reading this, maybe you'd know what values would need to be edited to fix this?
    Heh. Couldn't resist doing some more searching while eating my dinner and I found the wayward post!

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=khroma

Won't be able to try it out until sometime tomorrow, but it sounds like it should work!
    Hex edited 0x4733-4 from 660A to 4E71 as described in that post, and Rally 1000 now appears in color on my 700p! Whoo hoo!!

I personally used the hexedit program that comes with Cygwin, but any hex editor should work (and most people would find a GUI one easier to use).
    Would you send rally 1000 patched, my email is arturomejiav@hotmail.com. I will appreciate that, Thanks. I have 650 and have the same problem with Rally 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harkless
    Hex edited 0x4733-4 from 660A to 4E71 as described in that post, and Rally 1000 now appears in color on my 700p! Whoo hoo!!

I personally used the hexedit program that comes with Cygwin, but any hex editor should work (and most people would find a GUI one easier to use).
    Thanks for the help. I patched my 2 old favorite games. Rally 1000 and Cribbage. Posted the patched versions on the 700p forum.
    Have any of you tried Puissance 1000? Same thing but I like it a LOT better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Thanks for the help. I patched my 2 old favorite games. Rally 1000 and Cribbage. Posted the patched versions on the 700p forum.
    Wow, I thought I'd done something wrong when I noticed Rally in B/W. Then when I saw Cribbage I was upset and confused. You are now my new hero (pending my upcoming DL of said files...)
    I was finally able to patch Rally1000 - it was not easy for me to find the edits to make. I used XVI32 and the line I edited was 4730 bit 4 - which is probably the exact same thing as saying 0x4733-4 but when I searched for that entry I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out that is trying to patch their game.
    http://pkplus.free.fr/palm/puissance1000/?lang=en

Believe this is the game that forced Rally 1000 to stop distribution. It's very good, though...
    -------------------------------
    Palm III > Palm IIIxe > Samsung I300 (Verizon) > Tungsten W (ATT) > Treo 300 (Sprint)> Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Cingular)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo94

Believe this is the game that forced Rally 1000 to stop distribution. It's very good, though...
    Needs some 5-way nav support for drawing cards. I like the way Rally1000 does that, makes for much faster play. Also prefer the way Rally1000 orders the cards in your hand. But I like the way Puissance1000 enables auto Coup Fourres; I'm always hitting "undo" in Rally1000 to go back a card and do that since I play so fast.

On a related topic anyone up to the task of hacking Rally1000 to really follow the System Prefs to control sound like it says in the Preferences menu? I seem to get maximum volume from Rally1000 no matter what I have my Prefs: "System Volume" or "Game Volume" set to.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo94

No, I don't think so. Puissance 1000 is freeware released by an individual (not a company) and doesn't have any copyright notice for Milles Bornes. They may have gotten cease-and-desist orders from the Milles Bornes owners as well, but simply chose to ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Needs some 5-way nav support for drawing cards. I like the way Rally1000 does that, makes for much faster play. Also prefer the way Rally1000 orders the cards in your hand. But I like the way Puissance1000 enables auto Coup Fourres; I'm always hitting "undo" in Rally1000 to go back a card and do that since I play so fast.
    Seems that Puissance doesn't even have an undo (for other types of errors). And it's impossible to play anywhere near as fast as Rally, e.g. because of slow card-drawing animation even if you set the animation speed to the fastest speed, "Direct". The graphics, while they take advantage of 320x320 resolution, utilize double-buffering to avoid flickering (something I didn't notice that Rally 1000 suffered from on my Treo 300 and 600 because their LCD refresh rates were too low), and are a lot closer to the original Milles Bornes artwork, are much less clear than the engineered-for-a-small-display graphics of Rally. It's also a lot harder to tell what the computer did during a given turn. The cluttered odometer display is a lot harder to read than the simple number displayed in Rally, and not having little cars moving to the right means you have to keep explicitly looking at the odometer reading to see where things stand. Also no clicks for feedback of the completion of simple actions -- only sounds for "significant" events.

If I had never seen Rally 1000, I would think Puissance 1000 was a really cool game, but comparing the two, Puissance is greatly inferior, IMHO.

On a related topic anyone up to the task of hacking Rally1000 to really follow the System Prefs to control sound like it says in the Preferences menu? I seem to get maximum volume from Rally1000 no matter what I have my Prefs: "System Volume" or "Game Volume" set to.
    Not up to that task, but as I mentioned over in the Official Sprint 700p Bug List thread, you can work around the problem using VolumeCare Pro's Application Mode: Specific Applications to turn down just Rally 1000's sound.
    Dan, you're awesome. I like things in color on my 700p also:

http://kevinandrewlipscomb.mailworks...Rally 1000.prc
    -- Kevin Andrew Lipscomb
    -- http://kal.webhop.net
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinAndrewLips View Post
    Dan, you're awesome. I like things in color on my 700p also:

http://kevinandrewlipscomb.mailworks...Rally 1000.prc
    Thanks for posting that, Kevin.

And a note to future readers of this thread: in case you don't want to do the patch yourself, and Kevin's download link doesn't stick around for the ages, user mogulman also posted patched copies of Rally 1000 and author Dave Mayes' other game, Cribbage, in the thread Old Rally 1000/Cribbage patched for Treo 700p, after I tracked down how to do the fix.