1.    #1  
    These forums are really helpful! I am a one week old treo600 owner and love it. My wife each have a treo 600 on the same account with sprint. We've been trying the demo of treo600sms and are not able to recieve alerts from each other. We can send/recieve alerts to/from our's and other's emails, even from one phone to itself. Unfortunately alerts don't go through when sent from one phone to another. The messages are on sprint's site, I can go and see them. I check and rechecked everything. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Their other two programs seem great, so I am afraid i am doing something.

Thanks and happy Holidays!
    At the moment, you can only receive SMS's on the T600. In order to send a msg you need to send it via an e-mail program like Eudora (Sprint can hook you up with this free program-doesn't allow attachments) or you can download a pay full-blown program like InBoxToGo or Snappermail.
    Good Luck
  3.    #3  
    I have the demo of PDAapps treo 600sms. It is supposed to allow send and reciept of sms. I think if you re-read my questions you'll see what I mean.

thanks
    Not being a techie, I've taken more from these threads than I'm capable of giiven. So in my haste to offer something I mis-read you thread.
    Sorry I couldn't help.
    Good Luck
    Originally posted by dutchtrumpet
    These forums are really helpful! I am a one week old treo600 owner and love it. My wife each have a treo 600 on the same account with sprint. We've been trying the demo of treo600sms and are not able to recieve alerts from each other. We can send/recieve alerts to/from our's and other's emails, even from one phone to itself. Unfortunately alerts don't go through when sent from one phone to another. The messages are on sprint's site, I can go and see them. I check and rechecked everything. Any ideas would be very much appreciated. Their other two programs seem great, so I am afraid i am doing something.

Thanks and happy Holidays!
    That's odd. Have you tried getting Short Mail from someone else on Sprint besides each other? Also, make sure you don't have each other on your Short Lists. That will mess things up for Treo600SMS.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for your reply. What exactly do you mean by short list?

thanks,
    Phil
    Originally posted by dutchtrumpet
    Thanks for your reply. What exactly do you mean by short list?

thanks,
    Phil
    When using traditional Short Mail from regular Sprint phones, you can make a Short List. It's kind of a buddy list or contact list of phone numbers for quick access to sending messages to. If you have numbers set up there, it will cause a problem with Treo600SMS for some reason. You can check out the text messaging part of Sprint's website to find out.
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 12/22/2003 at 03:22 PM.