Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a email program for my treo that is Mac compatable and will allow me to send excel,word, PDF etc attachments.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    as far as i know, there are no email apps that will sync with a Mac. I'm guessing that's what you mean by "compatible". Snappermail will allow you to attach and detach office and pdf docs. you can sync Entourage calendar and address book with the Treo, but not the email, if you're looking for that sort of thing. I would personally steer you away from iSync and Apple's Calendar, Mail and Addressbook apps, they are a few versions away from really being usable.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    apples iapps work just fine with palm desktop. they are very useful.
  4.    #4  
    sorry for the confusion. I currently have Excel and Word on my Treo 600 but I am unable to attach them to my emails. I would like to use snappermail but there does not seem to be a trail version and I have a Mac and I have not found any information on their site to say it is downloadable to a Mac. Long story short, I need an email program that can download onto my Mac that will allow word and excel attahments.
    iambic mail allows you to attach files. It also supports IMAP (in a limited fashion) too. There's a trial that you can download. IMHO it's as good as any other mail client for the Treo. Though I do wish it had SSL.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I understand now, i think. Your wording is a little confusing. Snappermail is (in my humble opinion) the best thing going for email on the GSM version. I've been using it for several years now. It is "Mac compatible" in that you donwload the installer file to your desktop and then double click it to install it via Palm Desktop. Does that answer your question?
    I hope I am interpreting this correctly... If you want the ability to receive email attachments, try Snappermail or inboxtogo. They work with QuickOffice and Docstogo.

Even if the archive is a zip, stuffit can still decompress it, and the subsequent .prc file(s) are all you should need.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you for your feedback....but I downloaded snappermail and I am unable to open the .prc file to install it onto my Mac. Any thoughts. I have stuffit and Ziplt and both will not recognize it.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    The best email app so far imho are Versamail and Snappermail.

Versamail is a good SSL IMAP app, Snapper a good SSL POP app.

If you need to sync with Mac try to use Missingsync (www.markspace.com). Markspace has a POP3 ckient too, but don't know if it is usable.

Not bad is Eudora (free) but supports no SSL.
    RTFM
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    BTW, why do you have probs installing snapper? Just download the zip from palmgear, open it with Stuffit and copy the prc to your SD card, e.g. with a card reader. Works fine here
    RTFM
    Originally posted by Dogla
    Thank you for your feedback....but I downloaded snappermail and I am unable to open the .prc file to install it onto my Mac. Any thoughts. I have stuffit and Ziplt and both will not recognize it.
    What OS are you running and which version of Stuffit? Maybe I could help more with the info. For now, try this: Locate your "Stuffit Expander" icon and drag the snappermail zip file right on top of it. This should decompress the zip provided you have at least Stuffit 5 or higher. Then you should be able to double click the prc file and it will install on the next sync.

And knoppi is right on in that MissingSync is almost essential for Mac Palm users.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    you don't open the .prc file. you've got the right file, but you need to sync it onto the Treo. (it's already been unstuffed at this point) Do you have Palm Desktop loaded? If you double click the .prc file it should automatically launch the Palm Desktop app (at least the Hotsync manager). Then you quit out of the Hotsync manager and do a sync. Now the Snappermail file should be on your Treo. Snappermail does not run on the Mac, only on the Treo.

Does this help?
  13.    #13  
    First I want to thank you for all your patience excellent feedback in helping me resolve this issue. Obviously I do not know enough, but learning slowly. I was successful finally. The problem was that the prc file had the "graphics converter" associated with it and so when I double clicked on it, the graphics converter unsuccessfully tried to open it. All I did was to go to info and "open with" Hotsync. Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    you have learned well grasshopper!!
    Congrats. I have learned so much from perusing message boards and most posters are very helpful.
    First I want to thank you for all your patience excellent feedback in helping me resolve this issue. Obviously I do not know enough, but learning slowly. I was successful finally. The problem was that the prc file had the "graphics converter" associated with it and so when I double clicked on it, the graphics converter unsuccessfully tried to open it. All I did was to go to info and "open with" Hotsync. Thanks again!
    I too used to find Graphic Converter butting in and trying to open HotSync files. When you use Get Info on your Mac to change that file to Open with HotSync, be sure to also select:

"Use this application to open all documents like this."

Then it will never happen again, and thereafter every Palm item you download will open Hot Sync as soon as you double-click on it.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  17.    #17  
    Thanks, I justmade all prc files to open with hotsync. One other thing I am confused about is when I purchased snappermail it said it came with Diddle bug, Jpeg watch lite and handzipper lite. None of these shows up on my treo after installation, and there does not seem to be seperate files to download. Not a real big deal to me, but if you have any info I would appreciate it.
    I just went through the same adventure with Graphic Converter trying to open the files. Glad you solved that.

I think you have to open each individual prc file to get those extra apps installed. Weren't they in the folder?
  19.    #19  
    Nothing else was in the download. I will contact Snappermai on Monday. thanks again.
    Did you download the trial or the one from your private customer account - http://www.snappermail.com/download/login/

The current version is 1.9.2 so I don't know if all the other apps are included. I bought 1.8.x a couple months ago and they were in my zip file.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast