1.    #1  
    Hey all. I have an opportunity to nab a Treo 600 from Sprint today! I've been waiting for T-Mo, but this is available right now at one of their stores. The woman I just talked with at the Sprint store said unlimited data access is available for $15 a month. I haven't seen this anywhere else about Sprint. Can someone enlighten me?
    I have unlimited data acces with Sprint. From what I've heard, Sprint is the only carrier that offers this. Depending on the service plan you get, you can get around that $15/month charge for unlimited data because unlimited data is included.
    This is only data sent/recieved from your Treo, not when you hook it up to a laptop or something. They cant tell the difference, but its at your own risk of getting the data service shut off.
    Before you "jump" make sure that Sprint's coverage is good in the area that you are planning to use the phone. Once you have that figured out, the rest is easy.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I only pay $10 for unlimeted data for all 3 phones with my 2000 minute shared plan.

Don't switch to sprint unless you want your phone to work in millions of places where your TMO won't. :-)

The customer service sucks but everything else rocks!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    i am a two day sprint user and treo 600 user and i am extremely happy!! clearly the gsm alternatives are a poor choice unless you spend all your time in areas where gsm works well. sprint seems to offer the best of coverage and data access (high speed and low cost) if you want a treo 600.
    Dec 26 is end of contract. my only concern is SMS. Does the shortmail liability really hurt much? If people currently txt your phone number, is the notification still instantaneous? Assuming no network problems...
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Add me to the list of T-Mo users about to jump ship for Sprint. (I actually used to be a Sprint customer a few years ago) The only downside that I can see is the reduced battery life of the CDMA version as compared to the GSM version. However, 4 hrs. talk time is still pretty decent relative to most phones out there. At least, that how I'm rationalizing it!
    Sprint will eventually release MO-SMS instead of Shortmail, but until then, I would recommend purchasing Treo600SMS from PDA Apps.

Treo600SMS is small program that allows you to send SMS messages from your Sprint Treo 600 using the built-in SMS app, instead of using Shortmail.

I have had it since I got my Treo 600 over a month ago, and it works really well.

For more info, go to the web site at:
    http://www.pdaapps.com/Treo600SMS/
    i noticed you cant receive SMS through treo600sms but can only send. Is this correct?
    Treo600SMS is sort of a proxy, it sends for you, but you could always recieve SMS just fine

Side note to my comment above, they can tell when you use it as a modem, especialy when you download too much in a day.
    Depending on the service plan you get, you can get around that $15/month charge for unlimited data because unlimited data is included.

So I am a little unclear on this. What you guys are saying is that if I sign up for a new T600 that unlimited vision is included with the voice plan and I do not have to add it to my account for the $15. I haven't heard of that before.

I too am going to jump very soon. Tmobile has been good to me, great service, but it's hard to pass up the $299 deal @Amazon (1 yr contract) especially since they have 30 return policy (they also make carriers agree to 30 day returns on phones sold through amazon). Pretty much no risk except for the $36 activation fee and that seems to be YMMV.

TD
    i also made the switch from t mobile. i have been with them for years and switched over to sprint the moment the 600 was put on sale. I have been very happy with my service in fact in some areas i travel i get better reception.
    vision is included free for plans of 2000 min or more (the $100 plan)...the nice thing is i am getting 2000 min for $30 less than i was paying cingular for 1100!! i also got the second line free forever deal and gave my daughter a great free camera phone that she can use all through college at no cost (sharing my minutes)...
    Sprint does have nice speed.

Keep in mind though, that the behavior is different with the GSM phones. Supposedly you can take a phone call while surfing on the GSMs (it will suspend web operations and then return to what you were doing when you're done).

On the Sprint phones, an incoming call will shoot to voice mail if you're surfing or otherwise using data.... slightly annoying.

Just something to consider.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Keep in mind though, that the behavior is different with the GSM phones. Supposedly you can take a phone call while surfing on the GSMs (it will suspend web operations and then return to what you were doing when you're done).
    From everything I've heard around here lately, this isn't true. The GSM version pushes the call directly to VM just like the Sprint version does.
    For what it's worth, I just switched from ATT (GPRS/GSM) to Sprint (CDMA). The Sprint service offers FAR superior data performance than ATT's GPRS. I figure that Sprint's data service is roughly twice as fast as ATT!

Voice coverage is great in Metro Detroit and I have unlimited data with my 2000 minute plan.

I get 400 additional voice minutes/month while saving about $60/month with Sprint!

More minutes, better performance and less $$$? I'll take that any day...