1.    #1  
    Hello,

Is there anyone using both a Treo600 (for everywhere-all-the-time portability) and a 2nd palm device such as a T3 for more storage intensive & screen resolution type applications (ebook reading, bible study, sharper photo viewing, etc.)?

If so (or not) any suggestions on keeping both devices sync'd?

Thanks
    I have a Treo 600 and a Compaq iPaq 3595 or something. I use the iPaq for pictures and ebooks and such, while the treo handles my calls and stuff. Since I use outlook for everything, Microsoft's Activesync keeps the iPaq synched, while Chapura keeps the Treo happy. I havent done both at the same time, but I have noticed that there were no conflicts or duplicate contacts/dates/notes. Be nice if there were bluetooth (haven't I said that enough?) to have the iPaq just go directly online, and skip all the blazer bullcrap.
    I sucessfully synced a Tungsten T and Samsung i500 to the same Outlook profile for several months.

The way I did it was I had 2 different palm user names and synced them both to outlook using pocket mirror. It is very important that you use 2 different user names unless the devices are exactly the same, otherwise the devise settings will get corrupted.

The problem with this system is that some Palm 3rd party software is registered to your username. I was able to email the developer of all of my important software and ask for a 2nd registration code for my second username.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I am currently sync'ing my Treo 600 and my Sony Clie NX70 to the same system (using the same Hotsync name on both).

I am able to keep both up to sync even though I run slightly different setups for each.

On another system I sync my Tungsten T2 and my Handspring Prism.

(all my systems/handhelds are in sync with Outlook/Exchange).

To complicate this even further, I use my NX70 to keep my Apple Powerbook (Entourage) up to date (which in turn I use i-Sync to keep the Powerbook and my iMac systems in step).

After all this sync'ing I get 2 hours of work done each day and 1 hour of sleep ;-)
    Bret Snyder<BR>If you don't know where you're going,<BR>You'll probably end up somewhere else.
    Originally posted by rc46
    I sucessfully synced a Tungsten T and Samsung i500 to the same Outlook profile for several months.

The way I did it was I had 2 different palm user names and synced them both to outlook using pocket mirror. It is very important that you use 2 different user names unless the devices are exactly the same, otherwise the devise settings will get corrupted.

The problem with this system is that some Palm 3rd party software is registered to your username. I was able to email the developer of all of my important software and ask for a 2nd registration code for my second username.

Better solutions for most people:

http://www.palmobil.de/recox/

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/username.html

und
    http://www.pdassi.de/product.php?prod_id=3688
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

Better solutions for most people:

http://www.palmobil.de/recox/

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/username.html

und
    http://www.pdassi.de/product.php?prod_id=3688
    I must agree about RecoX. Very cool app! Checkout this thread for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I use the following setup that works fine for me:

Treo hotsynced with outlook xp via pocket mirror pro.
    Tungsten T2 with same outlook via contacts to go.
    Sharp Zaurus Sl500 with same outlook via sharps sync app.

The real key for me is that the T2 and T600 use different hotsync ID's. I make sure that I sync whatever device that I am using that day first and then bring the other 2 up to date. If I had data that was changed in 2 or more devices I guess I would make sure to hotsync each one at least twice, starting with the one that had new information. If I change something in outlook it is a simple matter to sync each device just once.

I am pretty anal about losing information or data integrity, and this has worked for me for over a year with various treos, palms etc. I have not lost anything yet. In a way it is like have 3 backups of my calendar and addresses.

greg
    Originally posted by Bret Snyder
    I am currently sync'ing my Treo 600 and my Sony Clie NX70 to the same system (using the same Hotsync name on both).

I am able to keep both up to sync even though I run slightly different setups for each.

On another system I sync my Tungsten T2 and my Handspring Prism.

(all my systems/handhelds are in sync with Outlook/Exchange).

To complicate this even further, I use my NX70 to keep my Apple Powerbook (Entourage) up to date (which in turn I use i-Sync to keep the Powerbook and my iMac systems in step).

After all this sync'ing I get 2 hours of work done each day and 1 hour of sleep ;-)

Wow! We have the exact same setup! Except I'm also syncing a REX with a Coleco Adam and a Fossil PDA watch with a Commodore Vic 20. Love that tape drive...

I still have some conflicts when I VPN to the Vic 20 and do a modem sync. Any suggestions?
    Originally posted by rc46
    I was able to email the developer of all of my important software and ask for a 2nd registration code for my second username.
    Unfortunately this is a hit and miss proposition depending on the developer. Some are more than happy to provide an additional code for the 2nd username while others insist on payment for the 2nd code.

After paying these additional fees for a 2nd username on my backup device I decided on a new naming convention that seems to work with most registration codes.

If your hotsync id is : USERX use XUSER for your 2nd hotsync name the same registration code will work on both devices in many cases. All of the ones that I have tried so far.
    No good deed goes unpunished