1.    #1  
    I've had my treo 600 on Sprintpcs. Uploaded treo600sms. I can currently send SMS through short mail to my ATT GSM phone. When I reply I do not get notification on my Treo but if I log on to vision and check my short mail inbox it is there. Is there a way to get a notiification on my Treo that I have short mail.

Another issue im having is I also cannot get notification if I get an email on my sprintpcs.com address. If I send an email through my yahoo account I can log into vision and see it there but I do not get notified on my Treo.

I've spoken to Sprint Tech support and they told me that I cannot get notification on my Treo if I get either a shortmail message or an email message. I would have to log into vision to see them. She also mentioned that is why they are trying to implement SMS in January as an alternate solution to this problem.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?
    Originally posted by aznmode
    I've had my treo 600 on Sprintpcs. Uploaded treo600sms. I can currently send SMS through short mail to my ATT GSM phone. When I reply I do not get notification on my Treo but if I log on to vision and check my short mail inbox it is there. Is there a way to get a notiification on my Treo that I have short mail.

Another issue im having is I also cannot get notification if I get an email on my sprintpcs.com address. If I send an email through my yahoo account I can log into vision and see it there but I do not get notified on my Treo.

I've spoken to Sprint Tech support and they told me that I cannot get notification on my Treo if I get either a shortmail message or an email message. I would have to log into vision to see them. She also mentioned that is why they are trying to implement SMS in January as an alternate solution to this problem.

The Sprint Rep is wrong...as usual. You can of course get sms notifications of your pcs mail. Log onto your account and go to PCS mail. Select settings and preferences > notification > select "all messages" under Notification by PCS Phone. Now you should get sms notifications for all your PCS mail. Also AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $should$ $also$ $get$ $notifications$ $of$ $shortmail$ $messages$ $as$ $well$. $In$ $fact$ $Treo600SMS$ $AFAIK$ $should$ $automatically$ $retrieve$ $them$ $once$ $a$ $notification$ $is$ $sent$? $I$ $personally$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $Treo600SMS$, $so$ $perhaps$ $you$ $should$ $email$ $PDAapps$ $directly$ $to$ $inquire$ $about$ $this$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yes, Treo600SMS will automatically retrieve short mail. Even if you are not connected to Vision, the app will connect and you will see a message saying "Retrieving Short Mail..." and it will connect to Vision and download the message.
  4.    #4  
    I have set up my notification setup on my account on sprints website but still unable to receive notifications. Im not sure if this is due to treo600sms not loading correctly. I will uninstall and reinstall and see if I'm still having problems. I'm assuming that wether I have treo600sms or not I should still be able to get notification on my treo if I have any shortmail messages. I appreciate the responses. Thank you...
    You are correct, you should be able to receive shortmail even w/o T6SMS. Try contacting the developer as I would assume they have answered this question before. Did you check their FAQ?
  6.    #6  
    I've tried just about everything. I changed my notification option in the settings. tried changing my vision password so the phone would update. Called TS a few times. One call took about 30 min and the TS rep could not determined what was wrong. Second call the TS rep reset something on the server which forced my phone to update its vision, but still did not help. I've uninstalled treo600sms to see if I can even receive any text. I still cant recieve messages. Any other suggestions?
    That is very odd. I don't know what else to tell you other than it definitely sounds like an issue on Sprint's side. So far my text message notificaitons on incoming shortmail and Sprint PCS mail has been very reliable. In fact, I use the test/sms notifications to trigger my email via Treoheper and have found the whole process very stable and consistant...

One thing I would test is whether the sms notification failures are just limited to the Sprint services or others as well. For example, are able to get notifications from other services like Msn, yahoo, or other mobile phones? For instance, try setting up a yahoo acct to sms when you get a new message in your inbox. If this works, then there certainly is something wrong your Sprint account setup. Instead of the regular TS, try talking to a level II tech immediately. Finally, I would stongly recommend you email pdaapps support to see if there could be something wrong on their proxy end as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This happened to me after I forward my SprintPCS email to another site. It worked when the unit was on; however, when it was "off" or not active, it would not worked. A bit of experimenting indicates that SpintPCS mail ain't for forwarding. This came to light after two days of no Verichat.

Ben

-------------

Originally posted by aznmode

Why do some versions of the treo talked about in this forum not come with SMS send facility? It seems like an odd thing to leave out. My treo 600 certainly has it (Orange network in the UK). Is there an improved SMS application available?

The last phone I saw without SMS send facility was (I think) a motorola phone in 1993....

Does anyone know of a program that works on the treo600 that can play different tones depending on who an SMS is from?
    Anthony
    It's a carrier issue - Sprint does not support it at this time and when? No body knows for sure. Hence, I live without it. I did have an application from PDAApps that utilized their facilities, but when I went with the Treo 600, I did not upgrade that utility. My wife still uses it though.

Ben

------------------

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hegedusa
    [B]Why do some versions of the treo talked about in this forum not come with SMS send facility? It seems like an odd thing to leave out. My treo 600 certainly has it (Orange network in the UK). Is there an improved SMS application available?
    I am having this same exact issue. I get no notifications of mail in my sprintpcs.com mailbox. However I do get messges when sent to XXXXXXXXXX@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
    I also have this issue. I do not get notified of SMS or mail.

I have some .mid files I would like to send to my phone. SPrint said to mail them to my PCS username@sprintpcs.com. I did and can see them via the Vision web page on the phone but there does not seem to be a way to download the attached mid files?

I am doing some dumb thing I am sure - how do I mail these from my laptop to the 600?
  13.    #13  
    try this site to send midi, jpeg, etc to your phone...

http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/
    I don't always receive notifications either.

Sometime I receive notifications for SMS and others I don't. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. The only thing I can figure out is that I do get notified if I have recently used the phone/web/etc.

I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow for another reason (2px black line across my screen) and hopefully this will correct the issue. We'll see.
    I'm having a similar issue as well: I have Treo600SMS installed.

I can send an SMS to any carrier and they receive it. When they reply back, I do not get their text message.

If I go into PCS Shortmail though, their message is there. Any ideas?
    Sprint will be launching their new MO-SMS in test markets beginning on January 5. If all goes well, it will be available to ALL markets in early February. The Treo 600 is on the list of phones that will support this service. Hopefully, this will eliminate the need for Treo600SMS altogether.
    I have the same problem. I receive notifications for "One way messages" but not for "Short Mail". I called TS about a week ago and they had no idea what was going on. They submitted a trouble ticket and that is the last I have heard.

I am guessing that they are just going to sit on the trouble ticket until SMS is really working and see if that fixes my problem.

I may call TS again and complain. Not sure if it will do any good though.