1.    #1  
    I've received a report from a GSM Treo 600 user (thanks Terry) that Radio Control does in fact work correctly!

My own tests on the Palm OS Simulator of the CDMA version show that it does not work on the CDMA (Sprint) version, but if someone wants to try it out to prove me wrong, go for it. Please make sure you've hot-synced before you try it out, just in case. No warranty, express or implied, yadda, yadda, yadda.

If some brave soul tries it on a CDMA version and it doesn't work, please e-mail me to confirm my fear. I do intend to write a compatible version (or tweak the current vesion as necessary) to get it o work on the CDMA 600.

For those that aren't familiar with Radio Control, here's the description:

The program solves two quirks with Treo Communicators. The
    first is the fact that the radio (wireless mode) is always
    off after a soft-reset, which can be annoying if the user
    forgets this feature. The first choice the program gives
    the user is whether or not they want the radio to come on
    after a reset.

The second function of the program allows the user to set
    an on and off time for the radio. This allows the user to
    have the radio come on or turn off at specific times, a
    great way to save batteries if you're not expecting calls
    for a certain period each day. Clicking "Clear" sets both
    times to "Never".

Download it here: http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/
  2.    #2  
    Reports from users indicate that Radio Control works correctly on the CDMA version of the 600 as well - enjoy!
    hi,
    i have tried various radio/wireless controller apps. i found out that, they failed to switch on the radio in this particular situation.

the setting:
    off at 22.30
    on at 06.30

in between these times. let's say, there's a alarmed calendar event. say... at 01.00

i realised that, at 06.30, the radio will not turn on automatically. only when i press ok to clear the calendar event will the radio turn on again.

anybody with the same xperience :-/ ??

thank you
    It also seems to me that RadioControl has been less reliable since the Sprint 1.20 update.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuknanak
    hi,
    i have tried various radio/wireless controller apps. i found out that, they failed to switch on the radio in this particular situation.

the setting:
    off at 22.30
    on at 06.30

in between these times. let's say, there's a alarmed calendar event. say... at 01.00

i realised that, at 06.30, the radio will not turn on automatically. only when i press ok to clear the calendar event will the radio turn on again.

anybody with the same xperience :-/ ??

thank you
    Nunuknanak, this is a limitation of the way alarms are handled in the Palm OS. If a program displays a dialog box that does not clear itself (as the Datebook app does), no other program gets its signal to do what it has been told to do.

wcarlson, this is the first I've heard of reliability problems after an update - could you be more specific?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoCoder
    wcarlson, this is the first I've heard of reliability problems after an update - could you be more specific?
    I have RadioControl set to turn on my phone every day at 7:00 am. Since the update, every once in a while I'll look at my phone (at around 8 or 9) and the thing still isn't turned on yet. It's very random, I haven't decided if it's related to the slow shutdown problem or not yet.... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=50512