1.    #1  
    I have read a lot on here about the 2.08 update. When I go to Handspirngs website, I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone have the the link for it?
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    I have read a lot on here about the 2.08 update. When I go to Handspirngs website, I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone have the the link for it?
    There's no official release from HS available for download, but you can find a link to a leaked version in the same thread where you read about it.
    I read the threads about the 02.08 upgrade but it is still unclear to me if i should do it or not (I have the 02.06 cingular version)

If you did upgrade to 02.08 FROM 02.06, what problems did you have before with your phone ? how can i check if mine has similar problems ?
    Originally posted by arsene2000
    I read the threads about the 02.08 upgrade but it is still unclear to me if i should do it or not (I have the 02.06 cingular version)

If you did upgrade to 02.08 FROM 02.06, what problems did you have before with your phone ? how can i check if mine has similar problems ?
    If you haven't noticed any problems then I'd say you don't have any problems that the firmware might solve for you.

02.08 primary solve problems related GSM phone with Italy networks.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by arsene2000

I had the 2.06 Cingular version and upgraded, even though I had no problem. Much to my surprise, my GPRS has speeded up by about 40%, yes 40%. So even though I didn't have a problem, it definetly made a big difference in my data thoughput.
    Will or Do they have these updates for the Sprint CDMA version?
    Originally posted by scelli
    02.08 primary solve problems related GSM phone with Italy networks.
    What sort of problems did that upgrade solve ?
    water created humans to carry it up hills
    Originally posted by PitbuLL

What sort of problems did that upgrade solve ?
    When I was connected with 900Mhz networks I had to soft reset the phone after any call. I had this problem with "Wind" until firmware 02.06. Now with 02.08 the phone works very well!
    The safest thing to do when it comes to firmware tinkering is always to wait for an official release. If something went wrong, Handspring would probably be within their right to refuse you support.

I would imagine, based on everything that's been written so far, that at U.S. GSM firmware update will probably be coming with the T-Mobile release. Might as well wait until then to see if Handspring has made any specific refiinements for U.S. networks.

S
    For what it's worth, in conversations I had today with HS about another issue (see my other postings) the HS rep said that if all goes as planned, a major ROM update is coming in January that will resolve many of our problems. Sounds like a fairly significant one, by the way he was talking. He was definitely well versed in the 600 and had helpful suggestions, one of which was to avoid doing fimware updates until they are official as they may create as many problems as they fix. I have the 2.08 updater but am reluctant to install it. I am holding out to see if HS really does release this new, supported update in Jan. If not, I'll try the 2.08 then. More news as it breaks...
    I sure that it brings with it the voice memo functionality...even Series 60 now has a one-touch voice memo
    I installed the update. Works fine for me.
    Where can i get the update?
    Originally posted by Genetic Jack
    For what it's worth, in conversations I had today with HS about another issue (see my other postings) the HS rep said that if all goes as planned, a major ROM update is coming in January that will resolve many of our problems. Sounds like a fairly significant one, by the way he was talking. He was definitely well versed in the 600 and had helpful suggestions, one of which was to avoid doing fimware updates until they are official as they may create as many problems as they fix. I have the 2.08 updater but am reluctant to install it. I am holding out to see if HS really does release this new, supported update in Jan. If not, I'll try the 2.08 then. More news as it breaks...
    I agree with you. But in Italy without firmware 02.08 my treo is useless. So I make the upgrade and now my treo works! :-D

Bye,
    Simone
    Originally posted by eschan
    Where can i get the update?
    there might be a working links in the worldwide gsm forum.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by scelli

I agree with you. But in Italy without firmware 02.08 my treo is useless. So I make the upgrade and now my treo works! :-D

Bye,
    Simone
    I hear you- HS said that 2.08 was created to deal with the problems the Italian Treo's were having. Glad it worked for you. Ciao!