Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Is there an easier way to access my Hotmail E-mails other than loging on to the Hotmail site through the browser?
  2. #2  
    i don't think so.

    not with the FREE one anyway. i think there is an option for POP3 service for a fee, which can be checked through other means.
  3. #3  
    Read this thread. Unfortunately, MSN doesn't provide POP3 access to hotmail any more, just extra storage. You're going to have to use third party solutions like hotpop or Aileron etc....
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    How are other folks checking their Hotmail from their Treo?
  5. #5  
    The Hotmail site supports the HTTPMail protocol, so if there is an e-mail application for the Palm OS that supports HTTPMail, you could do it that way.
  6. #6  
    You can go through fastmail.us and set it up to fetch from there, and then have an IMAP client have it pushed to your phone (Chatter works well for this right now). The free account seems to allow something like a 3-hour frequency where it will fetch it from Hotmail. My reccomendation is to ditch Hotmail and move on...
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by Im So Unpopular
    The Hotmail site supports the HTTPMail protocol, so if there is an e-mail application for the Palm OS that supports HTTPMail, you could do it that way.
    Well, I know that OneMail, so I assume it supports HTTPmail. However, I'd rather use a free solution like Hotpopper instead....


    Originally posted by Ksilebo
    You can go through fastmail.us and set it up to fetch from there, and then have an IMAP client have it pushed to your phone (Chatter works well for this right now). The free account seems to allow something like a 3-hour frequency where it will fetch it from Hotmail. My reccomendation is to ditch Hotmail and move on...
    Ksilebo, how did you setup fastmail to fetch from hotmail? I thought hotmail no longer provides POP3 access? Can you do the same thing with yahoo w/o paying for the pop3/forwarding feature? Also, which fastmail plan do you have to signup for to ge this feature? TIA...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Ksilebo, how did you setup fastmail to fetch from hotmail? I thought hotmail no longer provides POP3 access? Can you do the same thing with yahoo w/o paying for the pop3/forwarding feature? Also, which fastmail plan do you have to signup for to ge this feature? TIA...
    Its in the options for external mail or whatever. It didnt need a lot of configuration. Dont remember if it did Yahoo as well.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Ksilebo


    Its in the options for external mail or whatever. It didnt need a lot of configuration. Dont remember if it did Yahoo as well.
    Thanks I just signed up for the free account and checked. It doesn't have an option for yahoo, so I assume you still have to pay for POP3/Forwarding feature of yahoo mail. However, a Hotmail+fastmail+chatter combo seems like a nice solution since the free fastmail account does give you IMAP access!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. #10  
    I went with the 1 time $14 or whatever. I figure I use it enough to justify the cost. Might upgrade to the super mega power extra enhanced version so I can use my own domain.
  11. #11  
    Try pointing your phone browser at http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

    Its not pure mail protocals (i.e. SMPT/POP3) but its a whole lot better than pointing it at the standard website.

    best,
    -graham

Posting Permissions