1.    #1  
    I installed avantgo yesterday on my 600. everything worked fine, except that every time I did a modem sync from the handheld to update content - the next time I hotsynced with my Mac (10.2.8) the handheld would do a complete restore from backup. Avantgo was apparently telling hotsync to do a complete restore.

These syncs took 15 minutes each and blew away any new data entered into the handheld between hotsyncs.

After finally figuring out what program was responsible, I uninstalled AG and now things are back to normal.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas.
    I also have a Treo 600 that syncs with a PB 12" running OS 10.2.8. I have to use modem synch to update the Avantgo stuff. I had the same problem creap up but there is a thread somewhere ether here or on apple's website that has a fix for this problem.

If you want I can e=mail you the file.
  3.    #3  
    that would be great. thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Hey Leep,

I found the file on Handmark's site. Have you used this patch? Just want to make sure it really works before I try AG again. It was a pain in the *** getting everything back to normal after the restore syncs started up.

Does it work? I am on a 12" with 10.2.8 as well.
    This is a serious bug in AvantGo that they have apparently been unable to fix. Mark/Space has a patch available from: <http://www.markspace.com/support/ind...d=224&kbcat=10> that should fix the problem.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    This is a serious bug in AvantGo that they have apparently been unable to fix. Mark/Space has a patch available from: <http://www.markspace.com/support/ind...d=224&kbcat=10> that should fix the problem.

i use a pc, not a mac. and i will do all my avantago updates through the pc, and not through the modem of my treo. do i still need this patch? i just downloaded avantgo to my treo tonight for the first time.
    No. Mine works fine.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    My avantGo works beautifully with my Treo GSM. I have another issue.
    In my Visor running running Palm 3.5. I had some AvantGo channels. When I pulled up an article, (on the NY Times for example). I could go to edit/copy menus and the OS would ask me if I would like copy the text to the memo pad (which I did). My Treo 600 doesn't seem to have this function. Any ideas. Thanks
    Mine also works fine. I do the wireless update daily and have since the days of the Treo 300.

Ben

Originally posted by southbound747

i use a pc, not a mac. and i will do all my avantago updates through the pc, and not through the modem of my treo. do i still need this patch? i just downloaded avantgo to my treo tonight for the first time.