1.    #1  
    Silly question, but it looks like the T600 microphone pickup is on the back of the unit. I have a Krusell form fit case, with cutouts for everything but the microphone, and it still seems to work. It would seem your hand/palm would obstruct the microphone as well when using out of case.

Am I missing something? How does this work?

By the way, the Krusell case is very nice.

John
    It probably picks up the vibrations from your voice.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by drtango
    Silly question, but it looks like the T600 microphone pickup is on the back of the unit. I have a Krusell form fit case, with cutouts for everything but the microphone, and it still seems to work. It would seem your hand/palm would obstruct the microphone as well when using out of case.

Am I missing something? How does this work?

By the way, the Krusell case is very nice.

John
    Could you post some pics please.
    Been eyeing everywhere on the web for pics to no avail.
    BTW, are the screen and keyboard covered by plastic?
    The microphone isn't on the back so much as on the bottom. On the left you have the audio jack, to the right of that is the hotsync port, and to the bottom-right of that is what looks like a little round screwhole or something. There's your mic.

S
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for replys.

The Krusell case can be seen here. Yes, the entire front is covered with plastic, not a problem typing, a little tricky using the stylus but once the plastic softens a bit that seems like it won't be a problem. Very good workmanship and fit, the beltclip works great.

http://www.executivepda.com/HTML/Pro...ccessories.htm
    Their page specifically mentions the GSM version. Do you have a Sprint one?

If so, does it work well with the "lump" on the top of the unit? (Sprint)

Thanks,

Ismenio
  7.    #7  
    Ismenio-

Never even noticed that. I have the Sprint phone, the case fits like a glove. I really like it.

John
    Thanks John.

I'm considering getting one of these now

Ismenio
    Originally posted by drtango
    Thanks for replys.

The Krusell case can be seen here. Yes, the entire front is covered with plastic, not a problem typing, a little tricky using the stylus but once the plastic softens a bit that seems like it won't be a problem. Very good workmanship and fit, the beltclip works great.

http://www.executivepda.com/HTML/Pro...ccessories.htm
    Just wondering John, does the case cover the top of the T600?
    Being covered is good as it prevents accidental loss of the SD card.
    Being covered is also bad if it also blocks the IR port, wireless mode and mute keys.

But I must say the case looks sleek and professional.
    Originally posted by Ismenio
    Their page specifically mentions the GSM version. Do you have a Sprint one?

If so, does it work well with the "lump" on the top of the unit? (Sprint)
    Speaking of that, and maybe this is a redundant question, but why is it that the Sprint version has the lump and GSM doesn't? I heard it was shielding, but why wouldn't the GSM phone need it? Was kind of disappointed when my Cingular unit arrived without the lump, as I heard it was nice for finding a fit for the unit against the ear...

S
  11.    #11  
    Rudychow-

The case has cutouts for the IR port and switches, as well as the headphone, hotsynch and even the soft reset hole. I started this post because there was not a cutout for the microphone--seems one is not needed, and I've tested extensively even with the speakerphone.

There is no cutout for the SD card, which is a plus, though you would have to remove the case to swap cards--a pain if you do that alot (I don't)

John
    Thanks for the info John!