1.    #1  
    I noticed a real cool feature chatting with a buddy last night. While she was typing, I saw a "[typing]" status indicator in the upper right corner. This is very cool!

But I noticed it only showed up for this particular buddy. Other buddies type, and I don't get any such status. Is this something they set on their end with AIM or something?
    I thought this applied only to Yahoo! buddies - ? It's been that way for a long time, and I <think> I recall hearing from the PDAApps gang that they were planning to add the [typing] view to the other services as well.
    So did you see the [typing] view thing while using AIM??
    Originally posted by cosmicpatriot
    I noticed a real cool feature chatting with a buddy last night. While she was typing, I saw a "[typing]" status indicator in the upper right corner. This is very cool!

But I noticed it only showed up for this particular buddy. Other buddies type, and I don't get any such status. Is this something they set on their end with AIM or something?
    I don't use Verichat so not exactly sure of their implementation, but the "Typing" in AIM is a new thing, they need to be using one of the latest clients and there is a switch in Privacy Preferences to turn it on and off.
    Pete
    Yea that's cool....only complaint is that whom ever I am typing to....they don't know if I am going to respond b/c there is no "typing" message given on their end.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I thought this applied only to Yahoo! buddies - ? It's been that way for a long time, and I <think> I recall hearing from the PDAApps gang that they were planning to add the [typing] view to the other services as well.
    So did you see the [typing] view thing while using AIM??
    This is an MSN thing and they are trying to get it patented/cppywrited.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.