1.    #1  
    I've got my Treo 600...love it so far. But, when I hotsync, is there an easy app or way to transfer files onto my SD card? Basically be able to use the SD card as a data store to exchange files of all types between computers (i.e. .qif files, .doc, mac files, etc). Everything else is smooth...but the file transfer, and way to navigate to them on the Treo has been tough for me. Also, when I beam a file from my laptop via IR, where does it end up!!!??

Thanks to all the smart / techie folks who take the time to answer these!!!

SSG
    Honestly the quickest way to transfer files to the treo, and other computers via SD card is to simply buy a USB SD reader. They're cheap, fast, and work with just about any computer..

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    if you don't have a card reader then you need Media Manager to register all the file extension types eg: .txt, .doc, .xls and assign the path where Hotsync should save them on the card.
    Media Manager also can receive any types of files from IR and store it on the card. It also can change default apps

you can download media manager at www.toysoft.ca a must tool!
    Originally posted by ssgarman
    I've got my Treo 600...love it so far. But, when I hotsync, is there an easy app or way to transfer files onto my SD card? Basically be able to use the SD card as a data store to exchange files of all types between computers (i.e. .qif files, .doc, mac files, etc). Everything else is smooth...but the file transfer, and way to navigate to them on the Treo has been tough for me. Also, when I beam a file from my laptop via IR, where does it end up!!!??

Thanks to all the smart / techie folks who take the time to answer these!!!

SSG
    You can use an app called Card Export which allows you to access your SD card as a logical HD on your computer. I've been using this on my Treo6000 for a while and it works great. However, you will need to have the Palmdesktop installed in order to use this. The other option of course to is to use a SD card reader or USB SD Flash Key.

As far as file managers go, FileZ IMO is by far the best Freeware app ever, period! There are of course many other shareware options like MyWorkbench etc that ou may want to checkout...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions