Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had the Covertec horizontal leather Treo 600 case for about a week now. I really like it but discovered one annoying thing. If I place the Treo in the case with the screen positioned towards me (towards my belt), incoming calls are immediately silenced. I guess the pressure from the case is pressing a button. With the screen positioned out, calls come in fine. No big deal I guess although I would prefer the screen facing in for protection from the unit bumping into something and damaging the screen.
    Hi,

I hesitated a long time before deciding and bought the same as you.

Been using it a week now but I find out it's totally useless because screen inside our outside, the phone answers the calls by itself!!!

In a silent spot you can hear it rang but if there is the smallest noise, you don't hear it and you corespondent just hang there without anyone speaking.

A real mess and another 30 euros down the drain.

Pfffff...

Ton

Just for fun send an email to their sales service and asked them to explain how to use this case
    Last edited by Tonio78370; 12/31/2003 at 12:17 PM.
    There is a problem with certain cases since the CDMA Treo 600 (as compared to a GSM Treo 600) will automatically answer a call if the spacebar is pressed. Accordingly, any case which puts slight pressure on the spacebar is not workable for a CDMA Treo.

When I asked Vaja why they didn't have a traditional case (as compared to the iVolution case) for the CDMA Treo 600, they responded: ""At present we do not offer a flip top case for the CDMA Treo device. This unit has a special autoanswering function in the space key that makes it impossible to produce a flip top case for the unit since anything that covers the keyboard will activate it accidentally."
  4.    #4  
    Actually, mine's been working great since I make sure to face the screen out instead of in towards me. I get a lot of comments on how much better this case looks than some of the more geekish ones you see out there. Fine quality leather and nice stitching. No problems here.
    is it possible to plug in the headset while the Treois in the case?
    I too have the covertec horizontal after a long wait-

I love the design of the case- It works well on my belt, yet it's clip is compact enough that I can throw it in my pocket or bag without the it seeming bulky or awkward.

The case is well-styled, and the fit & finish is exceptional. They've added some nice curves and cut-aways to the design making it much more interesting than your average pouch. I purchased the black/orange model & just enough orange peeks out to add some visual interest and make it not look like a geeky black box.

This is probably going to sound goofy, but the way covertec has designed this case, just enough of the silver treo is exposed here and there, and is highlighted by the contrasting orange color interior. It's very sexy, and a bit of a tease. People can see bits of the treo but want to see more.

I love the clasp- It's magnetic, plus has a positive locking mechanism. Extremely easy to open & close with one hand, but secure.

Regarding the headphone jack, yes you can access the jack with the phone in the case. The case is cut away leaving room for the antenna to poke out on either end depending how you choose to position the treo screen-in or screen-out. This means that the antenna can poke out one end, and your headphone jack out the other. I use this configuration at the gym with MP3's (I can't wait for a nice hands free/stereo combo from SkullCandy!)...

I have had a few problems with autoanswering- usually when I am pulling it out of the case, the space bar gets bumped. I'm waiting for a SW fix to disable spacebar answering. Frustrating oversight by Handspring, but not a huge deal for me. It works fine most of the time.
    I ordered my case a couple days back...the site shows a status of backordered". The eta is 1/30. I guess when the site says "Now Available" they mean "in about a month". What a bunch of crud.
    Hi,

For those of you who have the covertec horizontal case, how do you feel about the clip? Does it have a notch at the bottom to reduce the chances of the case from sliding away from your belt?

I'm torn between this case and the other covertec case. I'm concerned about the issues people have been having with the auto answer issue when using cases that cover the keyboard.

Hopefully , the fix that tvbilly is working on to disable the spacebar button is completed soon.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I complained to Covertec about the auto-answering problem. They acted as if I was the first but proposed their other case for free! I accepted and have it now since one week. It's a fine case and using the keys "through" the plastic works 100 %. Another nice point is that I now use the thouch screen with my fingers without "greasing" all over it. Really a perfect case/protection for my T6. And a great Thanks to C'tec for their commercial way of reacting
    How long does the leather take to mould (actually fit) to the phone? Seems to me that when the case arrives it very flat and doesn't fit the phone all that well.

Anyone had the case for a while - what's your experience?
    Hey everyone,

For what it's worth - as editor of Treo 600 Essentials I've received over a dozen cases for evaluation.

My personal favorite is the Covertec side case.

I have the black w/orange inside.

It even works great w/my eGrips. I LOVE IT!

And before somebody flames me for having an opinion - here's a disclaimer - this case is just MY personal favorite. It fits my needs perfectly. Your mileage may vary!

Best,
    D.
    derek985 - glad you love the case...can you respond to the prev question? From what I can tell (friends case) the phone really doesn't fit all that well when the case first arrives. Does the leather form to the phone over time? If so, how long does it take?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Tonio78370
    I complained to Covertec about the auto-answering problem. They acted as if I was the first but proposed their other case for free! I accepted and have it now since one week. It's a fine case and using the keys "through" the plastic works 100 %. Another nice point is that I now use the thouch screen with my fingers without "greasing" all over it. Really a perfect case/protection for my T6. And a great Thanks to C'tec for their commercial way of reacting
    The Covertec form fitting case has plastic covering the entire front? (Screen and Keyboard.)
    Originally posted by gillum
    I've had the Covertec horizontal leather Treo 600 case for about a week now. I really like it but discovered one annoying thing. If I place the Treo in the case with the screen positioned towards me (towards my belt), incoming calls are immediately silenced. I guess the pressure from the case is pressing a button. With the screen positioned out, calls come in fine. No big deal I guess although I would prefer the screen facing in for protection from the unit bumping into something and damaging the screen.
    This is easily remedied:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...honeGuard.html

Actually, there are several efforts underway. Do a search on "Keepoff" as well.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    The Covertec form fitting case has plastic covering the entire front? (Screen and Keyboard.)
    Hi,

Yes, the plastic covers all of it.

I was quite sceptic in the beginning but using it for two week now, I find this plastic even "enhances" the use of the keyboard.

It is this very soft type of plastic, almost "sticky". With this you hit the buttons more precisely en don't slip. Especially the 5 way button get's easier to use.

As there's now the plastic, no problem using your fingers on the screen for dialing

The Covertec clip is usable. It's quite thin and keeps the phone quite close to the hip. Due to their security system it is quite difficult to losen it with one hand.

The beltclip has a notch so it can not "jump" of while sitting down.

There are only two real negatif points:
    1. You have to take the phone out of the case to place it on the cradle.
    2. As the plastic is quite "far" from the screen, it's difficult to use the stylus. When you do so, you get the feeling you're going to pierce it.

For the rest I'm really glad, the phone is very well protected and, due to the strap, the SD well in place.

I like it!

Bye,

Ton
    I ordered my covertec horizontal case on 12/10 and it finally shipped 1/29. It should arrive this week. In anticipation of its arrival, I downloaded PhoneGuard and TreoButler update w/key guard for phone calls. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!
    Originally posted by hypergate
    derek985 - glad you love the case...can you respond to the prev question? From what I can tell (friends case) the phone really doesn't fit all that well when the case first arrives. Does the leather form to the phone over time? If so, how long does it take?

Thanks
    My side case took a couple days to form completely and also I stretched it out by turning my phone off and pushing it into the case with my thumbs.

I never noticed any kind of auto answer problem (although I'm oblivious) but there's many software hacks out there now that work around this issue even if somebody did encounter it.

The black/orange is the hottest color combo IMHO!

Best,
    D.
    ORANGE!?!?! You like Orange???

Just kidding dude.

Could you post a picture or two? How much was the case? What's the clip like?

I just can't bring myself to order an Ivolution. I mean what if I hate it? No returns from Vaja, cause it's custom. What a crock. It's not like I am the only one with a treo.

Looking forward to your post Derek. (never thought you'd hear me say that huh?

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Originally posted by Woof...
    Could you post a picture or two?
    How much was the case?
    What's the clip like?
    Here's a picture gallery of the Covertec case I have.

I have no idea how much the case was/is - Covertec sent it to me for evaluation.

The clip is great, it's fairly wide and covered in the same leather/stiching as the rest of the case (see pictures). I like it.

Best,
    D.
    Hey Derek,

Thanks for the pics of the Covertec. Looks nice.

I was wondering if you had pics for any of the other cases you received and of course what they might be. I've seen some of the available ones in forum, but I think not all. You think there'd be a ton of good cases in accessories but the pickens seem slim to me.
    Anyway if you have links for good pics I'd appreciate it.

Money is tight and I'd prefer to buy one case when I do and not make a big mistake the first time.

Thanks

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast