Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Based on this thread and my growing annoyance at my Bellagio case, I am thinking of changing to the horizontal covertec and e-grips.

Is the case available anywhere other than MobilePlanet which has a rather cryptic message about the case being "due" on 2-13?
    That's backordered also.
    and $5 more from TreoCentral.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    and only one color choice...
    I got the case last week and it was worth the wait. It has the features that I found the most important.

First it allows me to use the Treo with just egrips and screen protector.

Second, the belt clip is covered in leather (so you can where it on the weekend with your shirt not tucked in. if you don't know why this is good, just where a plastic belt clip on your belt that can touch your side and if you sit the wrong way, watch out because it can cut you!)

Third the clip is wide from side to side, but is very close to the case itself. So it rides safely close to the hip.

A few other things about it:

It is made with quality leather, that you have to form a little to make the treo fit just right.

The way the treo sits in the case, it forces you to grab the atenna to pull it up out of the case. I was thinking about putting a piece of egrip on the side of the atenna, to make it a little easier/safer to pull out. Any of you phone signal experts, think that is bad idea as far as the reception goes?
    Originally posted by bturn00
    I got the case last week and it was worth the wait. It has the features that I found the most important.
    Where did you order from?
    I ordered the case from mobileplanet.com on 12/10/03. So it took about a month and a half to arrive.

From reading other post, I think they had just gotten a shipment in back on 12/9/03 and all of those were sent out to fill other backorders. My order was originally backordered to 1/15, but it didn't actually ship until 1/29 and I received it on 2/3.
    Just ordered the black/orange from mobile planet. They're in-stock and I should get it tomorrow because it's shipping from the Los Angeles area.

Really looking forward to it. Looks sweet. I currently use the Krussell, which is nice, but makes me look like a geek. But the bigger problem is that I don't like the plastic covering over the screen. My stylus is pretty much useless.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    How well does "vibrate" mode work with this case? Can you feel it if it's on your belt? That's what worries me most about using a leather case vs. a plastic holster. With my current plastic holster I can feel the "vibrate" pretty well.

Also, does it feel weird at all sitting down with a horizontal case? I have a plastic swivel clip holster and it's annoying a lot of the times when it's completely horizontal when I'm sitting. So I usually have it like this on my belt --> / (I did very well in art class in high school)
    Originally posted by Woof
    and $5 more from TreoCentral.
    I just ordered from TreoCentral. I consider it my "donation" in supporting this forum
    Originally posted by gerryoil

I just ordered from TreoCentral. I consider it my "donation" in supporting this forum
    I ordered one too, yesterday.

Just what I need, another case.
    I received mine today and initially I'm disapointed. I don't find the fit all that great. It's very tight. And the clasp doesn't seem all that secure to me.
    that's not encouraging. mine was delivered today and i'll get to play with it tonight.
    Well I should also let you know that I have egrips on the sides of my Treo. However, I read an earlier post by someone else who reported that his/her phone fit great in this case even with egrips, which is one of the reasons why I ordered it. With egrips on the Nutshell case (which I really like) is almost too tight so I am looking for something that offers a looser fit. The Covertec horizontal isn't much better. It's just too tight of a fit. Pulling the phone in and out of case that's too tight seems to pull at the egrips. Eventually they'd probably come off.

I'm currently using the Krusell horizontal case and the fit with egrips on with it is one hundred times better.
    Thing is the leather will eventually stretch and break in. Having a tight fit may be annoying for a while, but give it time.

Just ordered my Black/Orange Covertec horizontal.

Do I understand correctly that GSM T600's will not have problems with auto-answer/spacebar stuff?
    Just got my black/orange covertec horizontal case. I LOVE it. Simple and it works and it looks very cool. It's tight when you first put the phone in, but works fine after that. Probably needs a couple days of stretching. But I really like the case.

The clasp isn't super tight, but I don't think my phone will be going anywhere while in the case.

I have a cdma sprint phone.
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    Well I should also let you know that I have egrips on the sides of my Treo. However, I read an earlier post by someone else who reported that his/her phone fit great in this case even with egrips, which is one of the reasons why I ordered it. With egrips on the Nutshell case (which I really like) is almost too tight so I am looking for something that offers a looser fit. The Covertec horizontal isn't much better. It's just too tight of a fit. Pulling the phone in and out of case that's too tight seems to pull at the egrips. Eventually they'd probably come off.

I'm currently using the Krusell horizontal case and the fit with egrips on with it is one hundred times better.

lgreenberg, I also mentioned in an earlier post that you have to form the case a little to get it to fit just right. I don't know if you noticed, but even though the edges of the case are sewed together so that they are flat, there are extra pieces of material in the sides. So you can press against the side edge and bottom and make more of a box like form out of the case. You can see this with the Treo in the case, but it is easier to form the case without the Treo in it. I'm obsessive about things like that, so the first night I got the case I repeatedly pressed on the edges to form the box shape, and then left the treo in the case overnight. It fits perfectly with egrips on the back and sides of the phone. Also, unless you plan on running or other strenuous physical activities, the clip is secure.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Originally posted by timmo
    How well does "vibrate" mode work with this case? Can you feel it if it's on your belt? That's what worries me most about using a leather case vs. a plastic holster. With my current plastic holster I can feel the "vibrate" pretty well.

Also, does it feel weird at all sitting down with a horizontal case? I have a plastic swivel clip holster and it's annoying a lot of the times when it's completely horizontal when I'm sitting. So I usually have it like this on my belt --> / (I did very well in art class in high school)
    Any comments on my questions above? Thanks.
    vibrate works fine. it's not as strong as having the phone naked in my pocket, but it works.

it's also fine sitting down. i leave my case on all day at work and don't notice it. just make sure you don't have large love handles..really.

i love the black/orange look..very cool.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12