1. pls
    http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.p...&p=23729#23729

Looks like a neat solution for in car use.
    I'm not sure if "GPS-ready" means it includes a receiver. Anyone know? If it did, or if someone had a similarly configured product, I'd be interested.

I actually already have a Garmin StreetPilot III which works great in my car, but carrying it on travel is a nuisance. I'd love a GPS receiver that's "holder" or "sled" shaped (like the old Minstrel modems) so that it doesn't get in the way of the SD card, which I'd use to hold map data.
    Originally posted by shaber
    I'm not sure if "GPS-ready" means it includes a receiver. Anyone know? If it did, or if someone had a similarly configured product, I'd be interested.

I actually already have a Garmin StreetPilot III which works great in my car, but carrying it on travel is a nuisance. I'd love a GPS receiver that's "holder" or "sled" shaped (like the old Minstrel modems) so that it doesn't get in the way of the SD card, which I'd use to hold map data.
    Read the post again. It's pretty clear it doesn't include the GPS receiver.
    I wouldn't call it pretty clear to those who don't know the terminology.

It says:
    • It is GPS Ready - It allows the users to plug the GPS mouse (wired) receiver directly to the cradle for charging and connecting to PDA. For blue tooth receiver users, it can charge the receiver with the optional charging cable.
    I'd have added "(not included)" after the reference to the GPS mouse.

Still, an interesting product. I'd be interested if it had an integrated GPS receiver. Maybe soon. I wonder if it will channel all the speaker output to its own speaker. It might double as a speaker-phone car kit.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    That looks alot like this from Seidio

GPS Ready Mount
    That's because both links are to the same product!
    haha. This thing is made up of parts from the Radio Shack Universal cellphone mount. I know!! I have one!

I will buy this when available. This is exactly what I am missing. The radioshack version is wonderfull except for the part the phone mounts up to(the cradle part). Notice how it connects to the winshield mount (this is the exact same as the radioshack version). THe cradle part is seperate(this is where the siedio version differs, a better cradle). This is basically the same thing I already have, but with a perfect fit cradle and the added speaker ability! Perfect.

I highly reccomend this.
    This thread rocks!

Shaber, sorry for coming across a little harsh in my earlier post. I guess they deliberately wrote it more vaguely than necessary...
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Perhaps next time I'll actually read the link I am commenting on . I just read the specs and saw that the link was from .uk so I ASSumed that it was the same thing from a different company.