Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have just bought my Treo 600 and am well impressed but I do have one small query.

    I have a GPRS account and noticed the little icon that according to the manual means that 'Wireless is on and a GPRS network is within range' but when I try and access websites I get the 'dial-up' icon and not the GPRS connection one.

    Where do I change the set up for GPRS connection?
  2. #2  
    IIRC the manual is incorrect (Handy!)
    Two green arrows = GPRS
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by ArtyCarl
    I have just bought my Treo 600 and am well impressed but I do have one small query.

    I have a GPRS account and noticed the little icon that according to the manual means that 'Wireless is on and a GPRS network is within range' but when I try and access websites I get the 'dial-up' icon and not the GPRS connection one.

    Where do I change the set up for GPRS connection?
    Which icon do you get - green arrows or black arrows? Note that the manual is wrong in at least one place, and shows the green arrows as the dial-up icon. The green arrows are a GPRS connection; the black arrows are a dial-up connection.

    If you have ruled this out, and are actually getting a dial-up connection instead of a GPRS connection, go the the Preferences->Network page, and make sure that 'Orange Internet' (assuming you are with Orange) is picked on the Service field. Whichever connection is selected here is the first one that the phone attempts to use as a connection - if it is set to a dial-up connection here, the phone will attempt a dial-up connection first.

    Note that if you need to, you can set the 'fallback' for the GPRS connection to be the dial-up connection, and if the GPRS connection fails (annoyingly often), it will try with the dial-up. This means you can almost guarantee a connection of some type, but remember that charging is handled differently - GPRS is data-based; dial-up is time-based.
  4.    #4  
    Thats a good start...thanks
  5.    #5  
    I get Green arrows...and if that is GPRS then i'll happily forgive the manual.
  6. #6  
    Should we all be writing into Orange to encourage them to give us a way to monitor our GPRS used KB here in the UK?

    (I don't know if you can anywhere else in Europe - but I feel like I am surfing reckless and blind - kinda wild and cool until I get my first bill I'm sure!)
  7. #7  
    And while I'm at it... wouldn't it be fair if the MB we have paid for, rolled over to the next month if you haven't used them?! That's what happens to my free minutes, so why not with my MB also!!??

    ..........Yep, I think that about covers it!
  8. #8  
    You see, anyone who uses GPRS is obviously an uber nerd with lots of money - and thus you won't mind paying lots of s for very little data.

    You need to think marketing
    Bored? Visit my <a href = "http://www.darrenking.com">website </a>
  9. #9  
    I forgot I was loaded! Thanks for the reminder!

    AS IF!

    I'd love to be some kind of uber nerd with lots of money. Sounds good.... Arrrggggllll... u-b-e-r n-e-r-d (said in a Homer Simpson type voice... Had a look at your website derosnec... Saw his name mentioned - He he!) but I'm just so not....YET!

    But I'll work on it!
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by the phoenix
    Should we all be writing into Orange to encourage them to give us a way to monitor our GPRS used KB here in the UK?

    (I don't know if you can anywhere else in Europe - but I feel like I am surfing reckless and blind - kinda wild and cool until I get my first bill I'm sure!)
    With Orange France I can dial #123# and it will show all usage information: minutes, SMS and Kb in rate plan and everything not covered by rate plan. The information is usually showing the situation as it was 8 hours earlier.
  11.    #11  
    That sounds more like it Mol. It has got to be possible one would think.

    ArtyCarl
    Trainee Ubernerd
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by the phoenix
    And while I'm at it... wouldn't it be fair if the MB we have paid for, rolled over to the next month if you haven't used them?! That's what happens to my free minutes, so why not with my MB also!!??

    ..........Yep, I think that about covers it!

    when i joined the orange world three plan for web access they said that the MBs would transfer to next month!

Posting Permissions