1.    #1  
    HI ALL, can any one tell me if MobiTV from sprint work on a sprint t600??? thank you and do take care, jay
    Last edited by ilovedessert; 12/20/2003 at 12:48 AM.
    No it doesn't...yet at least. MobiTV works on BREW or Java enabled mobile phones. Fortunately PalmOne recently released the Websphere J2ME for the Treo600, so hopefully MobiTV will soon be ported to the Treo as well....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    kewl
    I want positive constructive criticism not your type of comments. I think you need to watch the way you post your replies. You dont know what search I did before. If you dont like my post, dont reply or reply with respect.

Read below if you want.

Thank you for your interest in MobiTV.

Currently, MobiTV does not support the Treo 600. We are always working to make more phones MobiTV-compatible, and you may feel free to check back with us in a few weeks for a better estimate of availability. Meanwhile, we will keep your information on file so that we can contact you when the Treo 600 is supported.

Thank you,

MobiTV Customer Support
    Originally posted by lghitis
    I want positive constructive criticism not your type of comments. I think you need to watch the way you post your replies. You dont know what search I did before. If you dont like my post, dont reply or reply with respect.

Read below if you want.
    Good Grief! What a waste of time it was responding to you at all! FYI, I asked you to do a search first and ALSO provided you a link to the appropiate thread, and you think that wasn't constructive? Gimme a break buddy... What you need to understand is the etiquette of posting in a forum, not *****ing at someone who was trying to help you w/o being a total *******. A simple "mobitv" search would have gotten you this thread, so that "I already did a searched" BS doesn't fly. In fact this thread was only ONE page below your post so it would have been the first search result. By not searching and posting duplicate threads, so only waste the time of others in the community period. Sheesh...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by lghitis

Read below if you want.

Thank you for your interest in MobiTV.

Currently, MobiTV does not support the Treo 600. We are always working to make more phones MobiTV-compatible, and you may feel free to check back with us in a few weeks for a better estimate of availability. Meanwhile, we will keep your information on file so that we can contact you when the Treo 600 is supported.

Thank you,

MobiTV Customer Support
    Huh? Am I missing something here? Who are you spazzing out on, lghitis?
    Last edited by TR30; 12/20/2003 at 01:00 AM.
    Oh okay, I know what's going on now. Just read the other thread.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by lghitis
    [B]I want positive constructive criticism not your type of comments. I think you need to watch the way you post your replies. You dont know what search I did before. If you dont like my post, dont reply or reply with respect.

Do a search under "pampers"
    I've been lurking on this board for a while, but have not offered much. Gfunk seems to always provide good information w/o being a jerk about it. Some people really need to understand message board etiquette and maybe even read the FAQ! Do a search and stop crying.
    Originally posted by DaMan
    Gfunk seems to always provide good information w/o being a jerk about it.
    I second that! Gfunk has provided many great reviews, solutions, up-to-date news, and recommendations in this forum. Whenever I have a problem with any apps or just need information, I just do a Gfunkmagic search with certain key words, and voila!, problem solved!

You should try it out, lghtis. I'm sure you'll get most of your questions answered that way.

Keep up that great work, gfunk!
    But we digress.

Now that there's a Java beta out there, will MobiTV for other phone types be usable on the T600?
    Right:

has anyone installed Java beta on Treo and downloaded the mobiTV for another phone? Does it work on the Treo?

Thanks

D.
    Dominique
    I have Java set up on my phone, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $MobiTV$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $program$; $I$'$m$ $hesitant$ $to$ $pay$ $until$ $I$ $know$ $it$'$ll$ $work$.
    Same here.

What I am surprised by too, is that, when you want to download mobiTV, you have to specify the type of phone you have.
    I thought mobiTV was Java-based, and so independant of the phone.
    Is it not the case? Does someone know?

D.
    Dominique
    Originally posted by Bujin
    I have Java set up on my phone, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $MobiTV$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $program$; $I$'$m$ $hesitant$ $to$ $pay$ $until$ $I$ $know$ $it$'$ll$ $work$.
    Where do you get the Java Beta from
    i would like to know also, thanks!
    You can find all the info in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44404/s.html
    Dominique
    Originally posted by dbouchon
    You can find all the info in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44404/s.html
    I'm shocked at your link-posting insolence! Next you'll be suggesting that people search for answers themselves!!
    Just for confirmation, I spoke to a VP of Marketing and Sales from MobiTV at CES on Friday and he said that due to the overwhelming response from Treo 600 users, they are seriously considering making sure that their product works with the Treo 600. He said was he tired of getting asked that question...