1.    #1  
    Hello - I just got off the phone with a direct Sprint retail store in Scottsdale, AZ. The sales rep explained to me that he will not sell me the new Palm Treo 600 because Palm/Handspring has decided that there are enough problems with the current hw unit release that they are going to make some fixes to it and re-release it in 1-2 months.

This was as of 12/18/03 at 4:00pm MST.

Anyone heard this or can expand on this.

Thanks,

Concerned potential Ttreo 600 buyer/user
    adaboy1
    Hmmmm. Sprint would cut off sales of the hottest, highest-demand, high-tech do-dad six days before Christmas? Don't think so. This sounds more like your sales person ad-libbing because all their stock is already in our hands!
    Uhm, I don't think so. My sprint t600's dandy and these things are selling like hotcakes?
    Are you serious? I just got off the phone with Sprint 30 minutes ago and I'm getting one shipped to me by Saturday. It's going overnight, but since it's late now, the Treo won't ship until tomorrow (Friday), so it'll come Saturday.

I'm not sure if it's true. If it is, what is going to happen to current treo users? Are they going to be able to exchange it?
    people spread rumors like this for every new product that comes out. ...and for all those rumors how many times has a company recalled every unit. cmon.
    And you actually belive something that a sprint store employee told you?

-Turn3
    I just bought one in my local sprint store yesterday the 17th.
    They are going like hotcakes!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by adaboy1
    Hello - I just got off the phone with a direct Sprint retail store in Scottsdale, AZ. The sales rep explained to me that he will not sell me the new Palm Treo 600 because Palm/Handspring has decided that there are enough problems with the current hw unit release that they are going to make some fixes to it and re-release it in 1-2 months.

This was as of 12/18/03 at 4:00pm MST.

Anyone heard this or can expand on this.

Thanks,

Concerned potential Ttreo 600 buyer/user
    Troll alert! Troll alert!
    Originally posted by adaboy1
    Hello -

FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD.

Thanks,

Will Bates, Esq.
    Redmond, Washington
    Number of posts by the person that started this thread? 1.
    Cost to spread FUD on a Treo site? 0.
    Number of potential Treo 600 sales lost because of this FUD? 37.
    Value of this tactic to Microsoft et. al.? Priceless.

A veteran under-the-bridge-person would at least have built up a few posts to try and gain credibility here before releasing a whopper like that one. What are they teaching the kids in Redmond these days? You should be ashamed of yourself.
    I think you heard wrong. What the salesperson said was, he will not sell you the new Palm Treo 600 because "YOUR CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN DECLINED! Now how about a nice FREE Samsung camera phone?"...
    I walked into the Sprint store this afternoon, picked mine up, running like a charm ---- I'm BACK
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits