1.    #1  
    Everybody try this test for me....

Youll see that this is a fake unlock procedure......Built in by AT&T and HS to thwart "unlockers"

Step 1: Turn your Treo on with anybodies sim in it except an AT&T sim....At this point your Treo will probably say "Wireless Mode Off" at the top of the screen...

Step 2: Enter a phone number (any random group of numbers will work actually) and press "Dial" button at bottom of screen.
    It will return a message box that says "Wireless mode is Off" and ask if you would like to turn it on. Press the "Yes" button.

The phone companies splash screen will then come up and momentarily another box will pop up saying' "Sim card not allowed". Just hit the OK button on this box.....

Now clear out the number you were attempting to dial....

At the top now it should say "No Service - SOS only"

Step 3: Enter *#*#584562315# and press "Dial" button...

It may immediately reply with "Locked" message saying "The sim lock has NOT been removed from this phone."

Hit the "OK" button.

Start at step 3 again entering the same string of Characters...

It may immediately reply with "Locked" message AGAIN saying "The sim lock has NOT been removed from this phone."

Hit the "OK" button AGAIN.

Start at step 3 again entering the same string of Characters for the 3rd time...

It will then give you a "Please wait" message box and respond with "Unlocked" message box saying "The ASIM lock has been removed from the phone."

Hit OK button

Listen folks....they have written a bogus unlocking process into this phone...If you try to make a call your phone STILL is not unlocked....

want to hear the REAL kicker?

The string you entered to unlock it " *#*#584562315#" can use any numbers and any AMMOUNT of numbers you want between the # signs..

You will get the same results....

It could be *#*#1234# you are entering, makes no difference....

Everyone hoping to have an unlock code for these soon....stop hopeing....its gonna be a LOOOONG time coming....
    I just reflashed my treo with the SIAM firmware. Same thing happens.
    Last edited by mrfred8; 12/18/2003 at 05:49 PM.
    Originally posted by ppoo

want to hear the REAL kicker?

The string you entered to unlock it " *#*#584562315#" can use any numbers and any AMMOUNT of numbers you want between the # signs..

You will get the same results....

It could be *#*#1234# you are entering, makes no difference....

[/B]
    Sure, unless you get the real code, then you will get the message "Sim Unlocked" as people have reported in this forum and on unlockyourgsm.com. The issue wasnt getting the phone to unlock. The issue was even after the phone said "unlocked", it wouldnt take other sims.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by mrfred8

Sure, unless you get the real code, then you will get the message "Sim Unlocked" as people have reported in this forum and on unlockyourgsm.com. The issue wasnt getting the phone to unlock. The issue was even after the phone said "unlocked", it wouldnt take other sims.

Ill try this 1 more time and speak slowly....

I bought a code from unlockyourgsm.com

I tried it twice and got the not unlocked message...

I tried it a third time and got the unlocked message...

It would not work with another sim...

I flashed the FW....

Tried it again....same results....any more questions?

BTW...Im not "trolling", what are you some kind of "forum pro" or something....with the "trolling" lingo and all?

hehehe
    OK after some experimenting I have come to the conclusion this is NOT a fake unlock process.

What happens on the third unlock attemp is the phone says "ok you've unlocked me" then proceeds to block any attempt to attach to any GSM network (doesn't even scan for them). This in itself means the phone has decided the third attempt is not correct.

It appears to be some sort of security measure, perhaps to prevent brute force attempts at unlocking phones.
  7.    #7  
    But that is exactly what I was eluding to when I used the term "Fake unlocking procedure"....

It basically accepts whatever you put in after the 3rd try....

But will not connect....