1.    #1  
    I'm using Launcher X -- just want to put some of my larger progs on the card because I'm running out of room.

Also is it a problem if I've got Backup Buddy on my card?
    This is what encouraged me to go with ZLauncher. You can press and hold the icon and up pops a menu with an option that includes moving the program to the card and leaving a shortcut. Who could ask for anything more!
    Yup, Zlauncher is the best solution! Other options include PowerRun and TealAlias....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by masonuc
    I'm using Launcher X -- just want to put some of my larger progs on the card because I'm running out of room.

Also is it a problem if I've got Backup Buddy on my card?
    masonuc,

Another great option is CardExport. CardExport turns your card into an SD card reader for your PC. Just put the SD card in your Treo, connect the Treo to the sync cable and start CardExport. With CardExport started and connected, it creates a new drive on your PC that you can just drag and drop files to/from. It's great for getting MP3 files and pictures onto your Treo.

ZLauncher is great for moving files from your RAM to the SD card, but won't help with getting files from your PC to the card. However, if you're only dealing with .prc and .pdb files, ZLauncher is more than enough.

I hope that helps.
  5.    #5  
    I can add programs to the card easily through Palm Desktop. I'd like to move them from my Treo to the card without having to uninstall then reinstall on the card.
    I agree about ZLauncher for this. Don't know how the other launchers handle it, but with Zlauncher, when you hold the icon, you get a list of options. The "Move to card" option does even more than what "Alli" said. It not only moves the program file, but will try to move the other files that the application might use. Then, when you click the shortcut, it moves the application and it's associated files back into RAM until the application closes. Very nice feature.
    Originally posted by palmnerd
    Another great option is CardExport. CardExport turns your card into an SD card reader for your PC. Just put the SD card in your Treo, connect the Treo to the sync cable and start CardExport. With CardExport started and connected, it creates a new drive on your PC that you can just drag and drop files to/from. It's great for getting MP3 files and pictures onto your Treo.

ZLauncher is great for moving files from your RAM to the SD card, but won't help with getting files from your PC to the card. However, if you're only dealing with .prc and .pdb files, ZLauncher is more than enough.
    If you were going to go that far, just get an actual card reader. For the same price as the cardexport program you could have a much faster USB 2.0 card reader that works for all different types of cards (convenient if you own other devices such as a digital camera).
    Originally posted by jennyfur

If you were going to go that far, just get an actual card reader. For the same price as the cardexport program you could have a much faster USB 2.0 card reader that works for all different types of cards (convenient if you own other devices such as a digital camera).
    I considered that, but chose CardExport for a reason, the same reason I chose a convergence device like the Treo 600. With the Treo 600, I only need one device when traveling. With CardExport, I don't have an additional device and cable cluttering my desk. It's a minor thing, but something that was important to me.
    Palmnerd,
    My card reader is internal so this is not an issue for me. No extra cables or clutter, and MUCH better transfer speed than the sync cable. No time to look right now, but I know that this site has many internal and external USB 2.0 and 1.1 card readers for around as much as the price of cardexport. I'm sure bargain shopping around the web would yield even better prices.

If you're alluding to the fact that you use a laptop and not a PC, then you're already carrying two devices anyway (and my above comment doesn't really apply to you). I just happen to need the speed of the reader since I also use it to transfer many huge images from my digital camera's CF card (as well as planing to use it for transferring MP3's to SD).

EDIT: forgot about this other site that has free shipping on many items and as low as $5 shipping or so on others. If you're satisfied with the speed of USB 1.1, a reader can be had for less than $10 w/shipping included.
    Last edited by jennyfur; 12/19/2003 at 10:13 AM.
    palmnerd, CardExport works on your Treo600? The softick (synclive.com)website claims that it doesn't...
    Originally posted by arognlie
    palmnerd, CardExport works on your Treo600? The softick (synclive.com)website claims that it doesn't...
    Interesting... I didn't even think to check if it would be compatible. I originally purchased it for my Zire 71 and just moved it to the Treo 600 when I switched devices. I haven't had any problems using it, but I'll let you all know if I do.
    I just checked the SoftTick site and found the following...

2003-12-05 Card Export 1.12 was released

* Number of bugs were fixed
    * Improved communication speed ( up to 70% for writting)
    * Added support for Handspring Treo 600
    However, I'm running version 1.0. Maybe I should upgrade.
    Been using Card Export on my Treo600 for a while. It works perfectly!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions