Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Greetings to all. I've been working on this question, but have yet to discover the necessary info. Here is the delimma:
    - I would like to buy the JABRA EarSet WindUp earbud
    - I know the T600 takes a 2.5mm, 3pin earbud
    - I know most websites don't specify 2.5, 3pin...they just state the model phone for compatibility (T600 is never listed)

So, I believe I need an earbud compatible with a Nokia phone, corect? Anyone remember/know the Nokia models our T600 is compatible with?

Or, better yet, can someone pick out the JABRA EarSet WindUp from the below website that is compatible with T600? There are two models listed with the On/Off button, and I have no idea which one!
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...asp?typeid=305

BTW, MobileCity has it for $20 while others (including Jabra's own website) has it for $40!!

Thanks for the information, as this will be an early Christmas present to myself.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Which one works with T600?

1) Jabra EarSet WindUp For Phones with 2.5mm Jack Jabra $19.99

2) JABRA EarSet WindUp with an On/OFF button For Nokia 3000/8000 Series JABRA $19.99

3) JABRA EarSet WindUp With an On/OFF button for Nokia 5100/6100/7100 Series JABRA $19.99

Even the TreoCentral article on this earbud doesn't tell you!
    Check out my mini-faq:

Which headsets are compatible with the Treo 600?
    First, you need to understand this:
    - The Treo 300 uses a "Nokia style" 2.5mm, 4-pole jack (3 non-conductive black bands & 4 conductive metal bands).
    - The Treo 600 uses a "universal style" 2.5mm, 3-pole jack (2 non-conductive black bands & 3 conductive metal bands).

Using a 4-pole headset on the Treo 600 - All sounds (voice, ringers, MP3s, system sounds, etc.) will be played through the headset, device speakers will not play any sounds; answer button on headset will not work. Eg, Plantronix MX-153-N1.

Using a 3-pole headset on the Treo 600 - Only voice transmissions can be heard via the headset, all other sounds (ringers, MP3s, system sounds, etc.) will be played via the device speaker; answer button on headset will work as usual. Eg, Plantronics universal headset.

I can't answer/hang up a call by pressing the button on the headset!
    The Treo 600 uses a standard headphone jack (3-pole) as opposed to the "Nokia style" jacks (4-pole) that were required for the Treo 300. The solution is to use a headset that has 2 black bands on it rather than 3 bands.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply! I spent hours trying to figure out if the 3in 2.5mm jack is the same as the 2.5mm "standard" jack. Thanks again.
    I've uploaded a pic that shows the difference visually.
    Click below.
    Attached Images Attached Images