1.    #1  
    Ok, so I get my Treo out this morning at work.....*gasp* the black rubber cap is missing on the little opening beneath the antenna! What's this for anyway? I'm afraid dirt or something else foreign will get in there and cause damage!

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Arc
    In caves all cats are gray...
    I had my T600 for about three weeks when that happened to me, I put it back in a couple of times, then, at some point, it fell out and got *lost.*

I called HS and asked them to send me a new rubber dealy thinking I would just plug it back in and go my merry way, but the CSR @ HS said they couldn't do that, but that they would replace the whole phone, which they did, painlessly, I might add. Good luck.

Jack
    SF-SJ.

When you spoke to HS, did they tell you the purpose of the rubber insert? Is it just to keep dirt and dust out?

Tks
    No, they didn't say. Not being an ee, and being anti-technical kind of guy, my opinion was that it was some kind of access to an antenna port. That little brassy looking donut under there looked as though it might be some kind of diagnostic do-hickey.

I think in the mean time a piece of 100mph tape would probably cover it nicely. (If it can't be repaired w/ 100mph, it isn't actually broken.)

Jack
    Tks for the update. That rubber piece fell out the day I pulled my Treo out of the box. It's been MIA since & I haven't looked back. So far so good.
    When I first took my Treo 600 out of the packaging the little rubber part was sticking out a bit. I lifted it up to look under it and saw the brass thing and wondered about it. Then I just shoved the rubber back in all the way and its been in there solid ever since; no problems.
    I found a little black rubber thing on the table by my TV chair the other day and could not figure out what it was. I'm pretty sure that I just moved it over to the 'small tray of stuff that has no home' on my desk.

I sure hope so because after reading this thread and just now checking my Treo, I discovered that it's from one of the bottom corners! Weird.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com
    Originally posted by SF-SJ
    ...I called HS and asked them to send me a new rubber dealy thinking I would just plug it back in and go my merry way, but the CSR @ HS said they couldn't do that, but that they would replace the whole phone, which they did, painlessly, I might add...
    So this is why we pay $500+ for this phone - because handspring/palmone isn't smart enough to just ship out the little rubber thing! Instead they ship out another phone! Amazing, just simply amazing...
    the little black rubber cap is covering a little access port to the Treo's antenna for use with the car kit cradle. this is how the treo's antenna connects to the car kit and to the externally installed antenna when you use the installed car kit.
    Originally posted by TurboTiger
    Tks for the update. That rubber piece fell out the day I pulled my Treo out of the box. It's been MIA since & I haven't looked back. So far so good.
    It's obvious to me that most of you on this thread have been talking about the larger of the two rubber inserts below the antenna. In my quote above, I was referring to the small rubber piece which looks like it's purpose was to cover a screw of some sort.