1.    #1  
    This is a Request for GFUNKMAGIC to list all the software on his Treo 600 and what it does. He has replied to many of my posts and provided me with some great utilities. I am confident there is a lot more we can learn.
    Hey jjennings! Thanks for the compliment! You might want to checkout the Killer Apps thread. I've already posted most of the stuff on my Treo in that thread. Is there anything particular you're trying to find?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've used in the past (not yet with my 600) an app called 'Applist' that will auto-create a list of all d
    Originally posted by nrosser
    I've used in the past (not yet with my 600) an app called 'Applist' that will auto-create a list of all d
    DOH!!! Don't use it on your Treo600!! I installed it and it went into some sort of loop and I had to do a soft reset to exit. However I now have over 1500 garbled memo entries with just one app listed!! ARHHHHHHHH!! Umm...does anyone know how to delete 1500 memo entries quickly?!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

DOH!!! Don't use it on your Treo600!! I installed it and it went into some sort of loop and I had to do a soft reset to exit. However I now have over 1500 garbled memo entries with just one app listed!! ARHHHHHHHH!! Umm...does anyone know how to delete 1500 memo entries quickly?!
    MS Outlook
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!

Delete the Memo database and then reload the same file from your backup (assuming you have one).
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

Delete the Memo database and then reload the same file from your backup (assuming you have one).
    Thanks I figured it out. All I had to do was go to the Palm Desktop > hotsync > custom > select memopad > desktop overwrites handheld. Whew! Thank goodness! That was a good reminder to always backup before trying new software! LOL... Anyway, I'll try to get a full list of apps to post later...

well that's interesting about Applist crashing and looping your 600. I'll certainly stay away now.
    (and I don't know what was up with my post above - it was created on the 600, and truncated for some reason, which has happened to me before - strange...)

Thanks I figured it out. All I had to do was go to the Palm Desktop > hotsync > custom > select memopad > desktop overwrites handheld. Whew! Thank goodness! That was a good reminder to always backup before trying new software! LOL... Anyway, I'll try to get a full list of apps to post later...
    The method I suggested is a better one for those of us that realize that expansion cards can often remove the need to HotSync. Ever again. And if you configure your backup program to do backups a couple times a day, you can avoid catastrophic data losses. Apps like BackupMan let you keep more than one copy of your backups, so you can always roll back your system to a time when it was stable. You can also parse the backups and selectively restore any newer databases/apps as you choose.

If you had BackupMan you could have restored your memos in about 10 seconds by doing this:

BackupMan -> Choose latest backup -> Menu -> Restore Individual Files -> MemoDB -> Restore
    Originally posted by nrosser
    (and I don't know what was up with my post above - it was created on the 600, and truncated for some reason, which has happened to me before - strange...)
    I tried posting from my Treo 600 last night and it also cut off the message. I've seen several others here have the same problem. I suspect it's a problem with Blazer's formatting of the replies. I'll try out two other competing browsers and see if they have the same problem.
    Originally posted by The Chupacabra

The method I suggested is a better one for those of us that realize that expansion cards can often remove the need to HotSync. Ever again. And if you configure your backup program to do backups a couple times a day, you can avoid catastrophic data losses. Apps like BackupMan let you keep more than one copy of your backups, so you can always roll back your system to a time when it was stable. You can also parse the backups and selectively restore any newer databases/apps as you choose.

If you had BackupMan you could have restored your memos in about 10 seconds by doing this:

BackupMan -> Choose latest backup -> Menu -> Restore Individual Files -> MemoDB -> Restore
    I appreciate the information. I actually do have Backupman, but only schedule it to perform a full backup once every day at like 1 am. In this particular situation, I had spent a great deal of time installing and deleting several apps making the existing backup set pretty old. I usually don't save more than a couple backup sets b/c it occupies quite alot of space on the SD card for which I like leave for multimedia files. However, I agree the ability to selectively retore certain database/apps is very appealing and I'll look into that the next time! See you learn something new on Treocentral every day!