1.    #1  
    Has anyone encountered a problem where pressing the Calendar button does not switch through the different calendar views?

I have checked under Preferences and tried all sorts of combinations but each time I press the Calendar button, the screen flashes but stays at the same screen

I have a GSM Treo 600
    under preferences you have more than one button views selected? that was the only way i was able to reproduce the problem.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    i had this problem after i installed a new phone app. i had to remove it using unintstall. apparently different apps leave
    code in the treo even after theyve been removed and you have to use cleaner and uninstall software to remove.

another way to check is do the hard reset .. if the views come back, then you know it was some software you installed that caused the prob .....
    I have the same problem. I found an older thread on the problem that suggested a hard reset would solve the prob$#
  5.    #5  
    yes I too suspect that it was some other software that 'hijacked' the button

it was working fine previously

was hoping that someone else would have identified the specific application that could cause this so that I can just remove that without resorting to a hard reset and reloading my apps
    Are you running Graffiti anywhere and have that button maped to the hold function or such?
  7.    #7  
    the only thing I have running on press-and-hold is Hi-Launcher

but I have that mapped to a different button

I have tried uninstalling Hi-Launcher but the problem did not go away

could be a leftover from some other app - does anyone know what config file holds the 'press-and-hold' settings?
  8.    #8  
    Fixed the problem thanks to some of the thoughts triggered by all your comments

The only app that I was running that could 'hijack' the keypress was Hi-Launcher

So I switched the activation key to the Calendar key. Then disabled Hi-Launcher. This resulted in the return of the ability to switch views using the Calendar key. I then re-activated Hi-Launcher and the switch view function was still operational

Thanks for all the input
    Shazam!!!

Good deal!!!
    Originally posted by colinq
    Fixed the problem thanks to some of the thoughts triggered by all your comments

The only app that I was running that could 'hijack' the keypress was Hi-Launcher

So I switched the activation key to the Calendar key. Then disabled Hi-Launcher. This resulted in the return of the ability to switch views using the Calendar key. I then re-activated Hi-Launcher and the switch view function was still operational

Thanks for all the input
    Thank you !!! Had the same problem for a while and I was too lazy to do a hard reset. Don't think it has anything to with Hi-Launcher because I don't have that app. I did fix the problem after I read your post above by simply changing the calendar button to the Calculator app. and then re-assigned it back to the Calendar after a few screen changes. It worked! It really pays to check this forums every now and then. Thank you everybody.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint T600, and Datebk5 assigned to the Calendar button. Doesn't switch views when pushing the button. Preferences are set properly, and I can't find any other application trying to use that button.

I tried to set the button to another program, then switch back. No luck. I am not using Hi-Launcher (using ZLauncher). Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    I had Datebook5 on my T270 but for some reason I couldn't get it to work properly on my T600, even with their latest version, so I scrapped it for now. (Couldn't use the 5 way navigation keys to move around the Datebook5 calendar) That might be your problem, just my .02 guess.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Sounds like you're probably right......I'll keep using it until they come out with a version that supports the T600, though. I use the week-at-a-glance view 99% of the time anyway.

Thanks!
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by dcpmark
    I have a Sprint T600, and Datebk5 assigned to the Calendar button. Doesn't switch views when pushing the button. Preferences are set properly, and I can't find any other application trying to use that button.

I tried to set the button to another program, then switch back. No luck. I am not using Hi-Launcher (using ZLauncher). Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    hmm ... I too had installed Datebk5 previously - wonder if this might be a coincidence that I had the same problem previously
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I just checked Pimlico's website....they now have a interim version of Datebk5 for the Treo 600 available for downloading. I haven't had a chance to get it yet, but hopefully everything will work now with this version.