1.    #1  
    I've got 4 or 5 e-mail accounts and have been looking for a way to grab them all. Filter all the spam out of them and then push them via imap to my phone and computers. I thought this meant having one server grab all the mail and forward it to spamarrest, spamarrest filter out the spam and then another server push it to me. So after about an hour of searching the web. I came upon a site called Fusemail.

E-mail grabbing
    Fusemail promised to check all my e-mail. It would go check pop3's, check my aol mail, check yahoo mail even though I don't pay for pop3, check hotmail even though I also don't pay. I even had my website host set my mx server to fusemail so that all my e-mail went directly to them.

Spam Protection
    It has the add up different risk factors to analyze for spam system, but it also had something else. If you want you can have it quarantene e-mail addresses or domains not on your whitelist and it sends out a verification e-mail to them. The user has to click on a link in the e-mail and goto a website to get fusemail to release the quarantene. You can access quarantened mail by going to a folder in your imap system. You can set certain domains and certain e-mail addresses on a whitelist so they go right to you and set other addresses and domains on a blacklist so they never get sent to you. This portion of their service isn't quite as good as spam arrest, because a robot could be programmed to defeat the verification e-mails if fusemail ever got big enough. Spam Arrest doesn't have all the feature or the speed of this service though.

Delivery
    IMAP rocks. I'm sure IMAP isn't new to all of you, but once you try it you'll never go back. IMAP lets you get e-mail notifcations immediately and tells you what you've already read across different systems. You also don't have to set your treo to check tons of different servers its the one server solution.

All in all Fusemail is like the trillian of e-mail lets you grab all your accounts in one place and block all the spam. It's addictive and one you try it you'll never go back.... It's free for now, but they'll charge for it eventually.

http://www.fusemail.com
    Hi 155,

I would like to know what mail client are you using on your Treo 600 to access fusemail ?

The included GSM mail cannot access the IMAP server.

Thanks for your help
    Originally posted by 155
    E-mail grabbing
    Fusemail promised to check all my e-mail. It would go check pop3's, check my aol mail, check yahoo mail even though I don't pay for pop3, check hotmail even though I also don't pay. I even had my website host set my mx server to fusemail so that all my e-mail went directly to them.
    http://www.fusemail.com
    155, have you tried this out yet. I would be very interested as to how they get you yahoo mail w/o paying for pop3 access? TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tried fusemail, because I like the fact that you can enable server-side rules. (I'd have Sent Items moved from Inbox to Sent Items, which is something Outlook doesn't do-- it only makes a copy.)

Unfortunately, their IMAP implementation doesn't work well with Chatter. I was never able to get 'real-time' sync with Inbox, and subfolders couldn't synch at all.

I reverted back to fastmail, which works great with Chatter, but without the rules.
    Neill -

So what's wrong with fusemail and Chatter? I have one folder sync'ed with fusemail (as a test; I use 3 folders at fastmail.fm), and haven't had problems.

Marc
    This was evidently my mistake, Marc. I'd like to try it again-- should I do this by reconfiguring my existing fastmail folders to using the fusemail configuration, or by deleting them and making new folders?
    Ok-- I tried the same thing as you. I created a new folder in Chatter for fusemail-- inbox.Drafts. Full Sync is enabled. Chatter logs in to Drafts, saying Connected on top. But it doesn't synch.
    The main problem is that the Beta on the site doesn't handle multiple servers. I'm sending you a Beta that does! (And I'll post it by tomorrow for everyone else).

Marc
    All is well

I've been tooling around with multiple servers for the past half hour, and it's stable. Thank you!!
    Greetings:

RE: http://www.fusemail.com/privacy.html

Any curious as to "How We Use Information" relates to Fusemail having permission to sell the customer data, SPAM, etc?

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
  11.    #11  
    I haven't had any trouble getting fusemail to work with chatter. It works awesome.

I don't sync any folders but my inbox, because the spam folder is always in the hundreds to thousands of e-mails and they are worthless.

Response to Privacy Policy comment
    I'm not that worried fusemail blocks spam very well. I used spam assasin before and now I get way less spam.

E-mail services can't do things like read your e-mail as federal law prohibits it.
    Greetings 155:

1. Federal Law didnt' stop Bill Gates personal email being read to the public without Bill Gate's permission.

I think you have Federal mail laws mixed up with email laws.

2. Reading some one's email doesn't have a thing to do with the following question:

Any curious as to "How We Use Information" relates to Fusemail having permission to sell the customer data, SPAM, etc?

Thank you.
    =====================
    Peter M. Abraham
    Dynamic Net, Inc.
    http://www.dynamicnet.net/
    Originally posted by dynamicnet
    Greetings:

RE: http://www.fusemail.com/privacy.html

Thank you.
    Hmm, I'm glad you posted this. It basically says anyone they hire as a "partner" or subcontractor can use your private information to spam you. So if they want to sell your email addresses, all they need to do is enter into a contractual arrangement with the spammer, and they're covered.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I am currently using Fusemail and like it but is there a better solution for using IMAP? I am a little concerned now about their privacy policy. Right now, I am fowarding all my email to Fusemail and picking it up with IMAP. It works great because I am always in Synch.
    I tried several imap email services including fusemail and fastmail and I settled on Runbox. www.runbox.com

works fantastic and also has file storage. I keep frequently used files there and use VFSFTP+ to retrieve them as needed.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    fastmail.fm has file storage now too. fyi.

Marc
    Fusemail is free--an advantage over runbox.
    Hey i'm new to this board, but i have a treo 600 on orange in the UK and this topic has been extremely useful....

Fusemail is very good... I have "fused" my hotmail and my website pop3 mail to one mailbox and then used chatter to download them to my treo... awesome.... so thanks to whoever posted this topic!!! I can also get rid of the spam so it doesnt clog my usage... :-)

Chatters IM is great - vericat seems to "ask" for your PUSH address which I cannot seem to get from orange (whatever i try doesnt work..), but with IMAP it doesnt matter - IT JUST WORKS!! - and thats what I like.... :-)

cheers
    Jake
  19.    #19  
    Yeah its the spam blocking that really sweetens the deal for me. There are other services out there but it would really suck to have my treo beep every time I got spam.

They could sell your e-mail address, but the spam blocking would keep it from getting to you. Not many companies have enough time to have people clicking the verification e-mails every time they want to mail you something and if they do you can put them on your blacklist.