1.    #1  
    The title says it all... can you ftp a website with a treo 600?
    ABOLUTELY!! In fact I just downloaded movie trailer directly onto my SD card from an ftp site using VFSftp! Awesome app btw!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Like the man said, downloading via FTP works fine with VSFTP. What the man didn't say (and what you may be interested in; it's hard to say from the ambiguous subject) is that you can also UPLOAD just fine with VSFTP. I upload all my images for my blog directly from my phone:

http://www.trip23.com/mobileshots/

But note, I use Sprint for this. T-Mobile (and presumably other GSM networks) is considerably slower.
    Last edited by skidoo; 12/18/2003 at 08:29 AM.
    Hi,

I have had my treo just over a week and love it.

Question for people is it possible to change the length of time before a connection times out?

Reason I ask is that i want to upload pictures to my website but the connection times out each time.

All help appreciated and a very helpful forum by the way.

Paul R
    Indeed, this is the solution I finally worked out for communicating with my desktop. I set up a server on the desktop at home. It's a broadband cable modem connection, with a dynamic IP address. Following advice I found here on TreoCentral, I discovered that it's possible to set up your own domain at www.no-ip.info and that there's a program that you can run on the desktop that automatically updates the domain with your IP. Thus, using my domain name from no-ip, I can always reach the desktop. Finally, I've got a router on the cable modem. I had to go into the router software and assign the FTP port (21) to MY desktop as opposed to my wife's.

I run Documents to Go on the Treo, which is the only suite I've found for the Palm that supports Word and Excel files in their native environments. VFSFTP lets me download to either the Treo or its SD Card. By downloading native Word and Excel files from my desktop to the SD card and then opening them with Docs to Go, I'm able to freely edit and interchange them between the two devices. I can also download .mp3s to play with PocketTunes and jpegs to view with the native pictures viewer on the Treo.

I'm sure there are many other apps for such a setup; these are the only ones I've found so far. If anyone has any other neat ones, I'd be interested in reading about them.
    Cheers for the reply but not the answer to my problem.

My website is hosted I have set the timeout to the maximum 60 seconds but it often times out before getting to the location.

I e-mailed the people that made the program and they came straight back with an answer but is now looking into it furtherfor me.

Thanks anyway.

Paul R
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by paulnray
    Cheers for the reply but not the answer to my problem.

My website is hosted I have set the timeout to the maximum 60 seconds but it often times out before getting to the location.

I e-mailed the people that made the program and they came straight back with an answer but is now looking into it furtherfor me.

Thanks anyway.

Paul R
    Are you using VSFTP? I have my own site (hosted by Chambergates), and I upload files to it all the time from my 600 with no problems.