1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a source for guidance on how to install/run applications from an SD card. When I copy an application (a game, for instance) to the card, it basically disappears in terms of being able to use it. I just got the Treo 600 and I've already filled the memory. The card seemed like a great solution, but it's not working as well as I thought it would. I have to go to the card to run the application. Maybe that's logical, but I'd like to be able to put the icon in the "Games" tab with my other games, which seems logical to me. I guess I was hoping it would be like adding another hard drive to your PC - seamless.
    you need an intermeddiate program. Zlauncher is the best, POwerRun works pretty good too.
    You need a third party memory manager like PowerRun or TealAlias that will move application to the SD card and then create shortcuts/icons in memory to launch the apps. This is convenient b/c you can then organize the shortcuts anyway you like. However, if you want the ultimate solution, I heartily recommend Zlauncher which combines a superb launcher with an expansion card manager and etc. Zlauncher will make the whole thing seamless and you'll be able to launch apps from the card from anywhere...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - I've been running zlauncher for a few days now. When I move an application to the card, the launch icon moves with it and then it's slow to launch as it has to load from the card. What am I missing?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sparky76
    Thanks - I've been running zlauncher for a few days now. When I move an application to the card, the launch icon moves with it and then it's slow to launch as it has to load from the card. What am I missing?
    How are you moving it? I've moved most of my games to the card. A shortcut icon is created where the regular icon used to be, and all the apps load pretty quickly.
    How to move an app to card properly and using what utility?

Understand that some apps will create additional files (pdb, etc.) do we need to move this as well to the card?

Thanks
    Ryker, I second gfunkmagic. ZLauncher works great and it takes care of moving the application and all the associated files (pdb etc) to your card. In ZLauncher, Just tap and hold the icon for the application you would like to move, a menu will appear, select move to card. Thats all there is to it.
    FileZ works well when you need a program to transfer files from internal memory to the SD. Free too.
    yeah, but with FileZ, there isn't a shortcut made that allows for sync'ing. ZL will update the prog's on the SD just like they were in the internal with the shortcut
    Was just wondering guys does this work for "locked" apps such as beyond contacts and readers such as mobipocket which allows the program to be transferred but not associated large files
    Would appreciate the help as am down to my last 5 megs
    Originally posted by davidcsie
    Was just wondering guys does this work for "locked" apps such as beyond contacts and readers such as mobipocket which allows the program to be transferred but not associated large files
    Would appreciate the help as am down to my last 5 megs
    I launch Mobipocket from the card via Zlauncher and it works fine. All my ebooks are saved on the card and it finds them with no problems...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    If you use the built-in launcher application to copy an application to the card it then shows up in the "Card" category and appears to be launchable from there.

Jason
    and ..