1.    #1  
    Like most of the t-mobile refugees i broke down and ordered the at&t version at the last day and sure as pecan pie it came locked and refused my t-mobile sim card. The question is: is anyone capable of unlocking an at&t phone (for use on t-mo network). From my reading here and googling i have the following.

1. Only website that offers this service (specfically for the treo 600) http://unlockyourgsm.com can not do it till dec 26th. They offered the service previously but it seemed that the unlocking process was not succesful

2. AT&T will not unlock any of their phones under ANY circumstances.

3. Heard some rumors that t-mobile can unlock an at&t treo 600, seems highly unlikely (UPDATE: just called to verify - accroding to the csr i spoke to, its not possible)

4.I have checked most local stores and most dont even know what a treo is..though luck

5. Phone will not be unlocked even if rom is upgraded.

I am going to hang on to this phone till i am convinced that unlocking it is impossible. In the mean time i'd appreciate any further information from anybody who knows how, or has sucessfully unlocked an at&t gsm treo 600.

forever in "lockation"
    Last edited by makrotonik; 12/17/2003 at 09:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I did the same thing (only mine's not here yet?!) and called T-Mo on Monday and they assured me that when it comes in they can unlock it for me. You need to call T-Mo and i think the number to press is 2 for their data department questions. Tell them you got the AT&T model but want to stay with T-Mo and they should be able to unlock it for you. I was told it could take from 24hs to 2 weeks, depends on how fast they get the info back. I was also told that i was not the first one to go through this.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Originally posted by randyg
    I did the same thing (only mine's not here yet?!) and called T-Mo on Monday and they assured me that when it comes in they can unlock it for me. You need to call T-Mo and i think the number to press is 2 for their data department questions. Tell them you got the AT&T model but want to stay with T-Mo and they should be able to unlock it for you. I was told it could take from 24hs to 2 weeks, depends on how fast they get the info back. I was also told that i was not the first one to go through this.

Are they charging to unlock it?
  4.    #4  
    JUST got of a phone with a t-mo rep. She said that at&t does not provide unlock codes for their phones, meaning that they cannot get the information from at&t. She told me that my best bet was to return the phone and wait for the t-mobile version to come out. If you are succesful, let me know. I dont think at&t is going to be giving away their unlock codes anytime soon. I'll just hold on to my phone till the 26th, if http://unlockyourgsm.com does not have the service available. Off to ebay this bad boy goes
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    did you check with just a cs rep, or with one of the data people? they lady i spoke with was very firm that they could unlock it. try calling back until you get someone that knows what they are talking about.
  6.    #6  
    did you check with just a cs rep, or with one of the data people? they lady i spoke with was very firm that they could unlock it. try calling back until you get someone that knows what they are talking about.

did just like you said dialed 2 and got the data services folks. Lady was very nice and even refered to the "available 'soon' for t-mo on the handspring site." She sounded like she new what i was talking about, unlike the regular csrs. She even put me on hold to talk to her supervisors a couple times. Lets wait and see what happens when yours arrives and you call back. Be sure to keep us updated.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I'm not holding my breath on this, but i'm hoping for the best. she mentioned getting the code from either HS or ATT, so we'll see what actually happens. i'm hoping they want to keep my business enough to take care of it, otherwise i have to switch to ATT and go from there.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    i'm wondering if anyone's gone into an att store and asked them to unlock it? maybe a face to face confrontation would be a little more successful? the only problem with ATT is that it seems that no matter what they want you to sign a two year contract. i'm not signing a two year with ANYBODY!!
    i'm wondering if anyone's gone into an att store and asked them to unlock it? maybe a face to face confrontation would be a little more successful? the only problem with ATT is that it seems that no matter what they want you to sign a two year contract. i'm not signing a two year with ANYBODY!!
    I am going to be spending a few months in europe, i went into att store, told them i needed it unlocked so i can use a prepaid sim from another provider while overseas. They told me they couldnt do it, to call customer service. You can guess how my call to customer service went. I have emails in to some ATTWS bigwigs, peter.rowe@attws.com, John.Zeglis@attws.com, Andre.Dahan@attws.com, Michael.Keith@attws.com,

but am not holding my breath. Fortunately I have a data only plan and no contract w/ ATT. So it may be hello ebay for this treo. Kind of funny if ATT would unlock it they would keep me as a customer, but as it is, I am gone.
    I have an AT&T Treo 600. I need it unlocked so I can use my Cingular SIM card with it. Can anyone get me the code? And get me instructions as to how? Thanks in advance.
    Go to MyTreo.net. I needed to do the same thing and found it at MTDN. If you sign up and put in a request, they will Private Message you the GSM updater file and the install directions. I installed it and amazingly it worked!

Give it a try!
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    Go to MyTreo.net. I needed to do the same thing and found it at MTDN. If you sign up and put in a request, they will Private Message you the GSM updater file and the install directions. I installed it and amazingly it worked!
    Just a "me-to" - I did this and it works - unlocked an ATT phone, using it on Rogers in Canada.
    thanks gents.I managee to get it unlocked but with a download but it now can't be upgraded, and has a hum.when I go to the Cingular site and load the updater, it locks the phone up again.This unlock download I found takes it to a Handspring startup page, and firmware 02.09.I think the latest is 03.06.Now, my privacy mode feature is gone in the txt msg options, and it hums every now and then while on a call. Can anyone help? maiahsdad@sbcglobal.net
    I bought an AT&T locked treo from ebay. I used the updater software and 5 minutes my treo was unlocked and that was 6 months ago. Now I can use it with any GSM service and I have no humming and everything works as it should.
    Perhaps someone can help me here - I suspect that I am getting incorrect info from Cingulair - I have an ATT Treo 600. They tell me that they will be discontinuing support for ATT legacy clients in about 8 months which will require us to move to the Cingulair network requiring new hardware. They say that an unlocked Treo will not work on the Cingulair system (different sim - 24 KB vs 32 KB?). But the messages above seem to indicate otherwise. Please let me know your experience with this with Cingulair. Thanks!
    I was AT&T Treo 600, When I went to move to Cingular they told me that I needed a new phone, I just asked them to send the new sim, and no phone. I used the updater that I got from mytreo.net and all had been working fine for over a year now. Cant wait for my contract to end so that I can get sprint and the 700p!