Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    has anyone returned a treo600 back to handspring for a defect? i thought they were going to give me a return kit with the second treo, but they didnt.

i called again last week to ask about the return shipping address so i could send the defective one back, and the lady said that she was sending a return kit.

well, a week and a half later, and no return kit. however, ANOTHER treo came in the mail!

what's even more weird is that the second replacement had a problem, and i talked to a customer service rep, she said that they were backordered 3 weeks. the call was yesterday, so three weeks from now, there will be another treo at my door.

ok, so really, is there a return kit? im afraid if i call in for another one, they will send me another treo.......

(can't wait to see my credit card bill in a couple months... so far, they have only billed me for the first one)

t
    The new treo is what is called an "advance" return. They're doing you the favor of sending you a unit in the replacement box so that you don't have to go without a phone. You have 14 days to return the 'bad' one or you'll get charged full retail for the phone.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    well, i understand the "advance" return, they did that with the first phone... but i thought they would give me a return shipping label that i could use on the old box.

when i talked to the rep to ask for the return address, she said that she was mailing a return bag -- put the old unit in there, and drop it off to fedex.

but no return bag, just another phone.

if there is no return bag, then i will have to pay shipping to get it back to them for a defective phone? right now i have three phones, and a fourth one coming.

t
    it was explained to me that the label would follow one or two days later.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just did a return and the label was included in the box.

From the day I called in, it took a week for the replacement Treo to be in my hands. The box contained just the Treo, not any of the accessories (which was fine since all the accessories I had were fine). Included was a Fedex prepaid shipping label sticker and simple photocopied sheet with instructions on how to send the Treo back (just put it in the box, seal the box, and slap the shipping label over the original label.

As the previous poster mentioned, I had 14 days to send the defective one to them.

My new unit has the same problem as the old which is making me wonder if the problem is me and not the unit.
    (See my post on Electric Tingling here http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...oto=nextoldest )
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    hmmm, no prepaid label or instructions, just the treo and the invoice receipt.... i will call them again today. hopefully it doesnt result in another treo.

the defect on my phone(s) don't sound anywhere as severe as yours... on my two units, the left arrow on the d-pad doesnt click. it's like there is something under the button to keep it from being pressed.

i dropped the second treo, and the button got better. !!
    What was the defects of the TREO that needed to get a replacement?
    okay, i called monday (wireless kept turning off). The guy on the other end said that the return address thingy would show up 2-3 days after the phone.

Well, i got the phone today (but it might of been in the mailroom since yesterday) with the return address thingy in it.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i called handspring again today, and they looked into my account... they will send me two pre-paid return labels so that i can return the two extra (defective) treos.

t
    Are the replacement units refurbs or new ones? How do you tell? Thanks.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Originally posted by zgraff
    Are the replacement units refurbs or new ones? How do you tell? Thanks.
    i cant tell, it looks new.

with previous handspring re-furbs, they used to put a dot next to the s/n. i thnk.

Felipe
    from dial pad dial ##786 then press dial. This will give you useful stats on your phone. Page down with D-pad and there will be a refurb entry with a yes or no.