1.    #1  
    I own a Treo 300 for the past 8 months and I am convinced that it is the best PDA/Cell in the market (after reading other reviews).

However, I have started noticing performance problems. It is way too slow. "Please wait" stays for 10 seconds when i am switching certain apps.

Here is what I need

1) Sprint PCS business connection to handle 200- 300 emails per day. I need industrial strength email solution. Currently, if i turn on my business connection personal edition, the flood of SMS messages drain my battery in 30 minutes.

2) I need snapper mail to check for my POP messages every 10 minutes.

Presently, when i have my sprint pcs business connnect turned off in the night. The only app which is active is my snapper mail to check my emails every 10 minutes. The battery drains off in 6 hours when I do this.

3) Verichat: I need this to chat with my supplier in China during odd hours. I really depend on this. Verichat will drain my treo in 1 hour (max) without any other apps running.

So, obviously it looks like my battery is shot. My question is

1) Is anyone using Treo 600 to handle large volume of emails (300 - 400 per day) using Bus Connect/Snapper mail and also use Verichat extensively. Is the Treo 600 better than Treo 300 for industrial strenght use.

2) For the above mentioned usage, how is the battery life.

3) Does the phone crash every day. My treo 300 has the reset screen and I would have missed 4 important calls.

I love my treo 300 but I feel I cannot really trust it completely and should carry my laptop and my second cell phone as a backup.

Please let me know if Treo 600 will solve the above mentioned problems. I love the MP3 playback and other cool stuff, but what i really need is heavy email /chat/phone call usage. Is T600 any better the T300 in terms of this.

Please advise.

Thanks

(sorry about the long post. I need to justify spending $400 - $600 on a new phone :-))
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes, and
    Yes!

I migrated from the T300 about a month ago, and I can't consider looking back. The battery life is MUCH MUCH better. I connect to Snapper constantly, and have never run out of battery. Worst I had was I got the battery into the red status, but that was day 2 of emailing, phone calls, streaming MP3's, and playing Argon on a cross-country night flight.

As far as crashes go, yes the T600 does sometimes crash, but it automatically resets and even turns on the phone transmitter automatically.

One caveat - I haven't used the Sprint PCS Business connection since early last year on my T300, so I don't know how battery-intensive it is. (Couldn't stand it last year - kept getting the red desktop icon, and Sprint support was terrible. I got TreoMail at first, then migrated to SnapperMail this year.)
    I migrated from a Treo 300 you will not regret getting the 600, it is awesome, it is everything the 300 promised to be but fell short. I switched from Sprint to AT&T because I travel all the time and I am even happier with the service, but I know other that do not do so well with AT&T coverage. The machine itself is awesome. Maybe next time they can give us a high res screen like the Sony PEG-UX50, now that would be great! On a final note Sprint is supposed to be a G3 network, I would go to the same page on both machines and the Treo 600/AT&T would beat the Treo 300/Sprint every time.
    Blue
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    If you are very serious about email, like it sounds like you are, then you may really want to look at a Blackberry.

I love my T600 and moved from a GSM/GPRS BB 7230. The BB is much less flexible than the do anything T600, but the things it does, it does really well.

Email on the Blackberry is outstanding. There are a number of ways to integrate it into your email setup. One very effective way is just to forward your mail to the Blackberry's address. This will then deliver the message to your phone almost instantly. Not SMS, but the actual message.

Its also built just outstanding. Very solid device and well engineered. My 7230 was also probably the best phone I've ever had as far as reception and clarity and top it off with amazing battery life, solid PDA functions and you've got quite a device. On top of that, I donít think I ever needed to reset the thing, exept when doing upgrades and the like.

Now again, I got out of it, because I needed more flexibility. I was trying to loose the laptop, which I have virtually done with the T600.

There are VERY few applications for the device. I do think there are a couple IM clients like Webmessenger. So what you buy is pretty much what you get. But it is pretty hardcore as far as mail, organization and phone functions. If I had to do what you are talking about doing, I'd definitely consider it as an option.
    I think you'll notice the battery on the Treo 600 is much better than that of the 300 under any circumstances. It's going to be a noticeable difference.

I have to admit that a Blackberry seems ideal if you can IM to your China guy for that.

I can't help but think you'll be far better off with the Treo 600. If you rely on it as much you make it sound, a $400 investment would pay for itself in just a few important phone calls.
  6.    #6  
    Hello everyone. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
    If you need a "heavy duty chat/email" solution, take a look at Chatter - it is written expressly for the Treo 600 by Marc Blank. It handles Chat very well and provides connection to AIM/Yahoo!/MSN and ICQ. It does not do the "pounce" feature - that's been acknowledged as a "to do thing." Other than that, it does what Verichat does and more. It also handles email. Specifically, it supports IMAP server support and supports the IMAP "push" feature that allows for the forwarding of email from the IMAP server to the Treo 600. It uses to send and receive email from the POP world. Anyway, it handles my email needs of about 100 or so per day and does not kill the battery, though I keep the car charger handy.

Ben

----------------------

Originally posted by raghusankaran
    I own a Treo 300 for the past 8 months and I am convinced that it is the best PDA/Cell in the market (after reading other reviews).

However, I have started noticing performance problems. It is way too slow. "Please wait" stays for 10 seconds when i am switching certain apps.

Here is what I need

1) Sprint PCS business connection to handle 200- 300 emails per day. I need industrial strength email solution. Currently, if i turn on my business connection personal edition, the flood of SMS messages drain my battery in 30 minutes.

2) I need snapper mail to check for my POP messages every 10 minutes.

Presently, when i have my sprint pcs business connnect turned off in the night. The only app which is active is my snapper mail to check my emails every 10 minutes. The battery drains off in 6 hours when I do this.

3) Verichat: I need this to chat with my supplier in China during odd hours. I really depend on this. Verichat will drain my treo in 1 hour (max) without any other apps running.

So, obviously it looks like my battery is shot. My question is

1) Is anyone using Treo 600 to handle large volume of emails (300 - 400 per day) using Bus Connect/Snapper mail and also use Verichat extensively. Is the Treo 600 better than Treo 300 for industrial strenght use.

2) For the above mentioned usage, how is the battery life.

3) Does the phone crash every day. My treo 300 has the reset screen and I would have missed 4 important calls.

I love my treo 300 but I feel I cannot really trust it completely and should carry my laptop and my second cell phone as a backup.

Please let me know if Treo 600 will solve the above mentioned problems. I love the MP3 playback and other cool stuff, but what i really need is heavy email /chat/phone call usage. Is T600 any better the T300 in terms of this.

Please advise.

Thanks

(sorry about the long post. I need to justify spending $400 - $600 on a new phone :-))