1.    #1  
    I purchased a used Treo 600 and received it today. It had Verichat installed on it, so I set it up this morning. It seemed to work ok, but for some reason when I clicked disconnect and then logged onto aim on my PC AIM kicked a message back stating I was logged on in two different locations - even though my phone was off. I did a hard reset on my Treo and then reinstalled verichat from the web in the hopes it would correct the problem. Again, when I disconnected from Verichat and then turned my phone off and then logged on to AIM on my pc it gave me the same message. Why is it doing this? I have since uninstalled Verichat and for some reason I am still getting SMS messages from my AIM buddies on my phone with a:

"number"@a.verichat.com:AIM-message-from <xxx>

server extension!!

How can I get rid of this? I no longer want to use Verichat and do not want to have my AIM logged onto their server. I sent them an email. Anything else I can do to stop my AIM messages being sent to my Treo 600 via CDMA SMS??? I use AIM all day with colleagues, family, and friends. I do not want the same im's popping up on both my PC AND on my phone. That will get quite expensive for me.
    Last edited by svx; 12/17/2003 at 02:38 PM.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    This happens to all using the Treo 600 and Verichat. I believe the answer is to use a different screen name for the Treo for AIM. Tihs happens in my installation. In the for what it is worth, take a cruise with Chatter - it's an excellent program. The web site is - www.imchatter.com - look around the site.

Both Chatter and Verichat do basically the same - each excelling in specific areas.

Ben

Originally posted by svx
    I purchased a used Treo 600 and received it today. It had Verichat installed on it, so I set it up this morning. It seemed to work ok, but for some reason when I clicked disconnect and then logged onto aim on my PC AIM kicked a message back stating I was logged on in two different locations - even though my phone was off. I did a hard reset on my Treo and then reinstalled verichat from the web in the hopes it would correct the problem. Again, when I disconnected from Verichat and then turned my phone off and then logged on to AIM on my pc it gave me the same message. Why is it doing this? I have since uninstalled Verichat and for some reason I am still getting SMS messages from my AIM buddies on my phone with a:

"number"@a.verichat.com:AIM-message-from <xxx>

server extension!!

How can I get rid of this? I no longer want to use Verichat and do not want to have my AIM logged onto their server. I sent them an email. Anything else I can do to stop my AIM messages being sent to my Treo 600 via CDMA SMS??? I use AIM all day with colleagues, family, and friends. I do not want the same im's popping up on both my PC AND on my phone. That will get quite expensive for me.
    I only have this problem if I don't LOG OUT of the different services when using Verichat. The way you do this is use the "signoff" feature on the menu - that will kick you off the server so you should no longer have that box pop up when you sign on from your computer. I use the same screen name on verichat and my computer (why the hell would I switch, people wouldn't know when I was on my cell phone since they won't have the new screen name). I just make sure I'm logged out of one competely before I jump on the other.

Note that Yahoo and MSN will kick you off your old location when you sign on a new location (like AIM used to do).

On another note, anyone know how buddy lists are stored and updated in Verichat? If I make a change on my AIM on my computer, how do I get it to translate onto Verichat.
  4.    #4  
    Fixed it....I feel like such an *****. I did forget to logout..

As soon as i logged out it worked fine.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    When I log into AIM via Verichat, then my desktop, AOL sends me a "you're logged in at two places" alert...it doesn't kick me off of either. In fact, I receive my IM's at both devices. It's kind of funny when I return to my office an have the inbound half of a conversation I had with my Treo.
    Must be nice... I'm no longer seen as logged in via VeriChat and when I try to log in, it's telling me that the AIM server is unreachable... Been that way for two days now...

oh, and I use two IDs, too... best so that not every wahoo in my list is sending messages to my phone...
    Yes - I've suffered the same issue for the past few weeks.

What changed - something on AOL? Any one have any insight on why AOL now allows you to be logged into AOL from multiple locations? I view it as a bug but perhaps it is a feature.
    Not just aim; can't connect to im proxy server for yahoo either. 2 days now.
    its working now for me (the proxy server)

also... i just wanted to add that if you put up an away message on your desktop aim, then you will only get the messages to your treo.. and vice versa.
    Verichat is not consistent in its "signoff" feature with AIM. I sign off properly and it still happens. Minor annoyance.

Ben

Originally posted by petesamprs
    I only have this problem if I don't LOG OUT of the different services when using Verichat. The way you do this is use the "signoff" feature on the menu - that will kick you off the server so you should no longer have that box pop up when you sign on from your computer. I use the same screen name on verichat and my computer (why the hell would I switch, people wouldn't know when I was on my cell phone since they won't have the new screen name). I just make sure I'm logged out of one competely before I jump on the other.

Note that Yahoo and MSN will kick you off your old location when you sign on a new location (like AIM used to do).

On another note, anyone know how buddy lists are stored and updated in Verichat? If I make a change on my AIM on my computer, how do I get it to translate onto Verichat.