1.    #1  
    I posted this news in the multimedia section, so I apologize for the double post. Since I converted the videos specifically for the Treo 600, I thought I should make it known in this forum, also. Thanks!

I am working on converting my collection of Kinoma Movie Trailers for the Treo 600. I currently have 8 of the 56 trailers converted.

Kinoma Movie Trailers for Treo 600

The aspect ratio of the original trailer has been modified. Thus, the video will be stretched slightly in the vertical direction. From the only user that responded, it was better to have the stretched video at 160 x 120 than the original video at 160 x 72.

Suggestions and feedback welcome.

Thanks,
    Lance
    WOW! Thanks Lance for posting this! Btw, the default setting for the Treo600 on Kinoma2 is 160x120...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    WOW! Thanks Lance for posting this! Btw, the default setting for the Treo600 on Kinoma2 is 160x120...
    You are more than welcome!

Note: Even though the default setting for the Treo is 160 x 120 (4:3 aspect ratio), it is does not mean the video will be 160 x 120. Most all the movie trailers are 480 x 260. If you do the math, the 160 x 160 device will only show a 160 x 86 video. Some trailers are very wide (480 x 208). This translates to a 160 x 70 video on the Treo 600.

I actually have to modify the movie before I do the conversion in order to get 160 x 120. Of course, there are exceptions (i.e. Elf, Boiler Room, Wall Street). These movies are in a 4:3 format, already.

Anyway, a little more information than you probably wanted, but I thought I would share it.

Thanks,
    Lance
  4.    #4  
    I fixed the broken links for the trailers I uploaded yesterday. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kinoma Movies Page

Please let me know if you have problems, now or in the future.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Lance, is it possible you could post mpg formated videos for the Treo600 in addition to Kinoma? I would love to view these videos on MMplayer instead of Kinoma, plus the Kinoma files are sooo much larger! TIA...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions