Hello,

I've searched the archives without success.

The "push" email feature of Sprint Bus Conn is working inconsistently for me.

Sometimes I get an alert when I receive a new email. Other times, I don't. (with the exact same sound and alert preferences)

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong? Or it it just an inconsistent Sprint application?

I want to figure this out because I need to be able to trust the "push" feature, otherwise the feature is not useful to me.

Thank you.
    Another problem is that the Bus Conn application that sits on my computer crashes about twice a day.....(My inconsistent "push" email experience is happening when my desktop application is connected, so I think these are separate problems...or maybe just an unstable application.)

The scheduled sync works fine, but if my phone is sync-ing with BC then I cannot receive calls.....

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by jayz; 12/17/2003 at 01:09 PM.
    I have had similar experiences with the Sprint BC email push and am also curious to hear what other's experiences have been. I have configured BC's settings to send me SMS alerts when I receive emails from a specific email address. I believe you can also set this up to send you notifications when you receive any email, but I have not tested this fully. I have only been using BC for about a week.
    I'm having similar issues.

1.) Sprint BC App on the Treo only vibrates/beeps around 50% of the time for incoming emails, despite my alert settings.

2.) Sprint BC desktop app under Windows sometimes gets disconnected, and it doesn't appear to attempt and re-connect. Hence I need to drive to the office, and push the connect button again. This is ridiculous!

Now, I wasn't aware that you couldn't receive calls during a synch. Is this really true?!

Adam
    Looking for push mail? Have a go with Chatter (written just for the Treo 600), cause it supports real push mail with an IMAP server supporting "idle." I use Chatter with fastmail and gosh, an awesome combination. Real pushmail it is throughout the day. It sends out about 100 or so messages a day - about 25% are of interest - love that dang spam.

I routinely foward email to one account and in the morning, I forward that account to fastmail and use that during the day. At the end of the day I stop the email forwarding to fastmail. Works well and is easy to use.

Ben

Originally posted by jayz
    Hello,

I've searched the archives without success.

The "push" email feature of Sprint Bus Conn is working inconsistently for me.

Sometimes I get an alert when I receive a new email. Other times, I don't. (with the exact same sound and alert preferences)

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong? Or it it just an inconsistent Sprint application?

I want to figure this out because I need to be able to trust the "push" feature, otherwise the feature is not useful to me.

Thank you.
    Would love to use Chatter, but it doesn't support IMAP with SSL yet, right?

Adam
    Not yet that I know of. Ben

Originally posted by adamtraidman
    Would love to use Chatter, but it doesn't support IMAP with SSL yet, right?

Adam
    jayz - As for the Push problems there are a number of threads that discuss this... here's one I posted some information on it...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...g&pagenumber=2

As for your crashes one way to diagnose these is to take a look at your slingshot.log and connector.log files in your "C:/Program Files/Sprint/PCS Business Connection" Directory

In the slingshot.log file look for lines like the following... I just do a global search for Exiting.

Wed Oct 22 17:15:52 PDT 2003 (2888-2436): *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

Cut and paste the 5-10 lines before and after the last occurrance of this according to the timestamp at the bottom of the file. There are some known issues people have run into that have been related to certain types of emails causing BC to crash. If there is one of these coming in your 25-75 list then it ~may~ be the problem. A test for this is to take the last "N" number that you sync with and put them into a temporary folder to see if it gets around this if and only if this is the problem. Hopefully the log information may shed some light on it.