1.    #1  
    Anyone got a copy of the notepad.prc file ? If so, can you please post it here.

Would love to use it on my 600...
    www.gsmworld.com
    I have also heard that the T|3 has some great updated PIM apps...somebody wanna post those. Maybe copying from ROM to SD card using FileZ and then post...
    http://www.pdalive.com/forums/showth...hlight=notepad

This is an old url, which links to an even older yahoo user group, where an even older notepad.prc is posted. I tried it just for fun and it is too old. First try crashed. 2nd try did nothing. Probably for high-rez only.

Try this: http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8N_gP77...ealNotePad.zip
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by elysian9

Try this: http://f5.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8N_gP77...ealNotePad.zip [/B]
    This link doesn't seem to work...

I have heard of soemone who is up and running with NotePad on a 600.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Here

Scroll to the end of the page till you see the link to Files.

You want T.E Necessary.zip.

It didn't want to install to my handheld, so I synched it to the card and then moved it back to the handheld. Nice app, btw.
    OK, I'm intrigued by all the updated files in the TE Necessary zip file but afraid to install for fear of crashing my system.

Has anyone tried these in an emulator and can verify which ones work? Also, if they do work, which files should be installed .

Thanks.
    Originally posted by Mol
    Here

It didn't want to install to my handheld, so I synched it to the card and then moved it back to the handheld. Nice app, btw.
    Also had to install to card, otherwise got a system error (unable to launch, read-only). Moving over the two files to internal with fileZ works. Nice app, but other than the fact that it's a bootleg (free), Both BugMe and DiddleBug do much more. It seems like a good but very basic native Palm app. FWIW.

Anyone try the memo or task app?
    Originally posted by webslappy
    OK, I'm intrigued by all the updated files in the TE Necessary zip file but afraid to install for fear of crashing my system.

Has anyone tried these in an emulator and can verify which ones work? Also, if they do work, which files should be installed .

Thanks.
    This was discussed a while ago. WebPro works and I use it for some sites. In particular the proxy is nice and on average it's much faster than Blazer in formatting pages. Most of the others don't appear to work well with the Treo and they create chaos in the conduits. Some people said the calendar has some nice features but I couldn't be bothered and bought DateBk5 instead.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by Mol
    Here

Hi Mol,

I didn't see any link to files...
    I got the two notepad files from another source. Installed ok but can't draw anything on the screen and then the app hangs
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko

Hi Mol,

I didn't see any link to files...
    I got the two notepad files from another source. Installed ok but can't draw anything on the screen and then the app hangs
    Here's the direct link to the files.

The app is working fine on my Treo.
  11.    #11  
    Bonus!

The only reason I wanted Notepad is so I can view my Notes on my Desktop.

Just found that DiddleBug has a DeskTop companion.

Sweet
    www.gsmworld.com
  12.    #12  
    Thanks Mol

I'm up and running with NotePad and DiddleBug. (seems the NotePad files I previously downloaded were really old).
    www.gsmworld.com
  13.    #13  
    ...thought I was....

NotePad is generating an error after HotSync:

Note Pad conduit cannot synchronize with the Note Pad database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld does not match that expected by the Note Pad conduit.

Tried deleteing all off the Treo, including the DB and re-installed. No-go.

Hmmm... My desktop is running NotePad V1.0 and Treo is running V2.2... not sure about the Conduit.
    www.gsmworld.com
    So that's the next step:
    How do we get the NotePad conduit?

I had an older version of the conduit from an older Palm Desktop -- but it doesn't sync with this version of NotePad.
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    ...thought I was....

NotePad is generating an error after HotSync:

Note Pad conduit cannot synchronize with the Note Pad database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld does not match that expected by the Note Pad conduit.

Tried deleteing all off the Treo, including the DB and re-installed. No-go.

Hmmm... My desktop is running NotePad V1.0 and Treo is running V2.2... not sure about the Conduit.
    You'll have to go back to the thread on ClieSource and read the post from Jaydisk in which he lists all the files. Apparently you need to do a hard reset, install the apps and include PIMsSupport-pdmE.prc, and then HotSynch your data back. Seems like a lot of hassle to me
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Hmmm...what about sending a note? I get "Could not load PNG Library"??
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by Mol

You'll have to go back to the thread on ClieSource and read the post from Jaydisk in which he lists all the files. Apparently you need to do a hard reset, install the apps and include PIMsSupport-pdmE.prc, and then HotSynch your data back. Seems like a lot of hassle to me
    Thanks Mol... totally agree - too much hassle. Think I'll stick with DiddleBug
    www.gsmworld.com
    Here's a dumb question (I'd try it but I don't have my TT with me)

If I don't want the new uber-apps can I just stick the TT version of notepad.prc on my treo and be able to sync with palm desktop?

David
    Has anyone gotten this to work? Since there is no DiddleBug or BugMe conduit for OS X, this is my only hope! I have not been able to get beyond the "System Error" dialog on launch, and figure I'm doing something wrong since my Notepad.prc has only a generic application icon.

update: after I RTFMed this thread again, I tried removing the PIMSupport file, syncing the Notepad and localization .prcs to a card, and using Filez to move them onto the phone. All is well.
    Last edited by phobia; 02/19/2004 at 09:55 PM.