Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yay! I think I'll pick it up tomorrow. Anyone tried it yet?

More info here: Agendus 7.0

# Support for multiple icon databases
    # Ordering of icons within the database
    # Copy/Move of icons between databases
    # Most Recently Used icon list
    # Multiple Icon databases can be edited and used for meetings, todos, calls, etc. simultaneously
    # Categories on icons
    # SIP (software interface panel, aka virtual graffiti) support for Tungsten T3, Sony UX series, Tapwave Zodiac, Garmin 3600
    # Dpad support for Treo 600
    # 5way pad lookup capability in contact view
    # Support for new PIM databases on Tungsten T3 and E handhelds (including birthday field)
    # Wallpaper cache persistent across soft resets
    # Separate filters for each view
    # Separate font options for each view (each view can have its own font size, style, etc.)
    # Graphical font size selection control
    # Preferences for default view on launch
    # Preferences for setting the Default category for new Meetings and Contacts
    # Preferences for setting the time bar gadget granularity
    # Preference for setting the Default icon for each Datebook category
    # Multiple Memory Card support
    # Date and description for “next alarm” in today view
    # Quote of the day feature in the today view (fully customizable)
    # Toggle show completed on/off in To Do View
    # Auto-fill of City, State and Country
    # More shortcut buttons on Contact Card
    # "Type" icons for phone and instant message fields
    # Refreshed the icons used in most views with new, colorful ones
    # High density icon editor now available in the Standard Edition.
    # Fixed Tungsten T3 toolbar not repainted after alarm notification
    # Fixed Double alarms on the Tungsten T3 and TE
    # Fixed issues with confirmation dialogs when editing certain fields on repeating meetings
    # Fixed lockup on NX when going back to launcher with very specific steps
    # Fixed private to dos could be opened with dpad when security set to MASK
    # Corrected high res option that shouldn’t be allowed on Treo 600
    # Corrected font issues in certain views on Treo 600
    # Fixed issue with wallpaper on Treo 600
    # Fixed optimized wallpaper loading routines
    it really isn't that great, they said they should have a beta very soon that will incorporate more d-pad support.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Can you dial out from agendus contacts yet?
    Originally posted by 155
    Can you dial out from agendus contacts yet?

nope.
    Felipe
    Works fine on my T600 Sprint, using Agendus-pro 7.0
    Last edited by wbrinker; 12/17/2003 at 01:28 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Crap! That's too bad. I guess it's good news at least that they're working on it. If they make a public beta, maybe I'll give that a try.

I think I'm going to give DateBk5 a try.
    The main reason I wanted a smartphone was to have ONE CONTACTS LIST on my home, office and plam and to be able to dail out on my smartphone....does Agendus do this or not? And do I have to use Agendus mail, or can I use Snappermail and loose the documentation of the call?
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    So if you enter contacts into agendus do you then have to enter them into the palm contact list or sync it somehow or do they match up?
    Originally posted by wbrinker
    Works fine on my T600 Sprint, using Agendus-pro 7.0
    I go into contacts, click the little icon next to the name. the persons number(s) pop up, i tap on a number and nothing happens?

i'm not using pro.
    Felipe
    Originally posted by 155
    So if you enter contacts into agendus do you then have to enter them into the palm contact list or sync it somehow or do they match up?
    they use the same database, so you only have to enter it once.
    Felipe
    thank you
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by Architect
    The main reason I wanted a smartphone was to have ONE CONTACTS LIST on my home, office and plam and to be able to dail out on my smartphone....does Agendus do this or not? And do I have to use Agendus mail, or can I use Snappermail and loose the documentation of the call?
    What do you mean "loose the documentation of the call"? I think you meant "lose", but other than that, I can't tell what you're asking.

But yes, you can use SnapperMail with Agendus. In fact, only the Pro version of Agendus comes with mail. You can get the standard edition if you already have SnapperMail.

BTW, there's a free trial of Agendus. If you've never tried it, give it a whirl. It's pretty nice. I did a trial of an earlier version, so I don't know if they'll let me get a 7.0 trial. That would be nice, because I decided not to buy the old version specifically because it didn't support the T600 properly. Other than that, I like it a lot. Far superior the the built in Calendar and ToDo functions.
    I upgraded my agendus, but I've always been able to dial from its contact view.
    Originally posted by IanL

What do you mean "loose the documentation of the call"? I think you meant "lose", but other than that, I can't tell what you're asking.

But yes, you can use SnapperMail with Agendus. In fact, only the Pro version of Agendus comes with mail. You can get the standard edition if you already have SnapperMail.

BTW, there's a free trial of Agendus. If you've never tried it, give it a whirl. It's pretty nice. I did a trial of an earlier version, so I don't know if they'll let me get a 7.0 trial. That would be nice, because I decided not to buy the old version specifically because it didn't support the T600 properly. Other than that, I like it a lot. Far superior the the built in Calendar and ToDo functions.
    Doh ... user error.

The call documentation is the history feature.

Explain how you use Snappermail with Agendus. The pro version uses iambic. The non-pro version says you can't use the email feature without iambic or Agendus Pro.
    OK, I did the research and answered my own question. Here is the official agendus chat board, where they have discussed this email issue at length. Apparently, the Agendus/Iambic folks don't want to share their marbles and will only allow the email function to work seamlessly with Iambic. Lame.

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...?threadid=6827
    Hate to kick a dead horse, but iambic is getting hammered by its users over this issue. Here is an even better thread -- very informative to those who are debating purchasing Agendus Standard vs. Pro, etc.:

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...?threadid=7199
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by MobileDave
    Hate to kick a dead horse, but iambic is getting hammered by its users over this issue. Here is an even better thread -- very informative to those who are debating purchasing Agendus Standard vs. Pro, etc.:

http://support.iambic.com/forum/show...?threadid=7199
    MoblieDave, thank you very much for this information. I did not know about this issue with Agendus, and it certainly is something anyone who is considering this product should know about. I was not impressed by the attitude of the Iambic representative in this thread. I've seen times when customers were simply whining to the developer, but the posts in this thread were very well stated and intelligent, but I felt they were totally minimized and almost dismissed by Iambic. Ouch!

I think I didn't run into this issue myself because I was using Agendus almost strictly for it's scheduling and to do list features. I don't really send email from my phone, only IMs. I just don't have that much email that needs to attended to "on the go".

This is very useful infomation, however.

I just installed Datebk5 today. I'm been impressed so far, and they give a generous 45 day trial period. I have a feeling they will be getting my money instead of Iambic...
    In considering Agendus or DateBk, should we consider ACT! as well?

I still want the ability to have ONE CONTACT LIST on home and Office pc's, T600 organizer AND T600 phone. Must dial from the phone directly.

Can ACT! do this? Can DateBk?
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    there is only one contact list (the Palm one!) . . Agendus is just a pretty front for it!

I use Agendus (which reads the standard Palm Contacts database) and I synchronise to Time & Chaos (my desktop Contacts app - because I cant stand the Palm Desktop software!) . . hence I only have ONE contacts list . . I can add to the palm OR the desktop and both synchronise, plus my Desktop app (Time & Chaos) is shared on a LAN so I automatically get synchronised with everyone elses appointments and contacts updates too. I would use Agendus for Windows if I could (cos its pretty!) but it DOESNT network on a LAN or permit sharing of data between users . . . . plus it is just as buggy as Agendus for Palm (just check their forum!)

DateBk has no Contacts list function . . .

You really dont have a lot of choice other than to buy Agendus and hope they get their act together for Treo 600 users . . they are currently getting a ton of dissatisfied users and its getting worse!

. . . and the Agendus 7.0.2 is NOT Treo 600 friendly at all (contrary to what the thread-starter states) . . .I had MUCH mor navigability with my Treo 270 and Agendus 6.0 than I do with my shiny new Treo 600 and Agendus 7.0.2 . . . . one step forward 3 steps backwards!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast