1.    #1  
    I've had to perform hard resets on my Treo 600 twice. The first time was because I was trying to move a JPG file from the RAM to the SD card using McFile (McFile shows JPG files in the RAM and I was curious). The second time was due to the beta version of TC Ringer for Treo 600. In both times the Treo 600 soft resets by itself over and over again until I hard reset it.

After I restored data, I notice that a couple of my applications was always missing: McPhling and Noah Lite. And if I look at the backup directory after a hot sync (c:\program files\handspring\PA\backup), I don't see these 2 applications.

Has anybody experienced the same thing? Can anybody explain why Treo doesn't backup these 2 apps?
    Instead of a hard reset - try a system reset. You have only the loop to loose. Something like this - the hole in the back and hold down the UP key on the 5-way until it resets. Something like that - it is described in your manual.

Originally posted by dregar
    I've had to perform hard resets on my Treo 600 twice. The first time was because I was trying to move a JPG file from the RAM to the SD card using McFile (McFile shows JPG files in the RAM and I was curious). The second time was due to the beta version of TC Ringer for Treo 600. In both times the Treo 600 soft resets by itself over and over again until I hard reset it.

After I restored data, I notice that a couple of my applications was always missing: McPhling and Noah Lite. And if I look at the backup directory after a hot sync (c:\program files\handspring\PA\backup), I don't see these 2 applications.

Has anybody experienced the same thing? Can anybody explain why Treo doesn't backup these 2 apps?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by bclinger
    Instead of a hard reset - try a system reset. You have only the loop to loose. Something like this - the hole in the back and hold down the UP key on the 5-way until it resets. Something like that - it is described in your manual.

Hey thanks a bunch. I didn't know about this.
    same thing happens to me on my Treo300. I have had numerous hard resets and eveytime it does not restore certain apps. Luckily I make a copy of my "backup" folder before I try a restore now so I don't lose my normal configuration. I have to manually install a bunch of other programs & files that don't come back after a hard reset. I even use syncall. this happens exactly the same way after every hard reset. very annoying & confusing...
    It works well. I have had only one hard reset and that was due to water getting in the external card slot.

Ben

Originally posted by dregar

Hey thanks a bunch. I didn't know about this.
    I had to do a a hard reset because SplashPhoto or Silver Screen III downgraded my Palm OS version to 3.5.3! I did a HotSync with Palm Desktop to backup everything and the hard reset did the trick. Everything was back to like it was before I even did the hard reset. The OS version most of all was back to 5.2.1H. I would have to blame most of the frustrations I get from software that say they're compatible with the Treo 600, when all it really does it just mess up your OS.
    "What good is a smartphone when it's MORE smart and LESS phone?"
    Use a program like FileZ and look at the attibutes of the files that are not restoring after a hard reset. Make sure the box for "back up" is checked. If it isn't then the files will not be backed up to your backup directory and therefore will not restore.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011