1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.

I recently updated SpeedLaunch to support the Treo 600 5-way navigator and would really love to get feedback from the treocentral community. Please give the demo a try and let me know your thoughts...

Anything you think could be better?
    Anything you'd like added?

The demo can be found on my website. For those of you who access this forum from your Treo, I also have a mobile edition of the website.

One quick note. I'm currently working on support for expansion cards and hope to have something available early next year.

I look forward to your comments.

Sincerely,
    Geoff Akens

Edit:

I just realized I didn't really describe what SpeedLaunch is, so many of you may not know if you even want to bother checking it out. SpeedLaunch is a button launcher that gives you quick access to the applications you use most. It allows you to assign up to 10 applications for each of the four hardware buttons on your Treo 600. It also has a command bar on the launch window that gives you access to six commonly used commands.

I hope to hear from more of you...
    Last edited by geakware; 12/17/2003 at 03:45 PM.
    Hey man I first saw this in my palmgear mail, and DLed it... Even without the Treo optimizations, I was loving it, and was gonna write you a letter to see if you could support it. I threw out CoLauncher and your SpeedLaunch is now standard equipment in me Treo! Everyone MUST try this at least once.... and the price is the same as coLauncher too...
    ...PS If you need beta testing done, PM me as Im a sprint rep, and use this thing heavily with 2 256MB SD cards....
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Im using v 1.2 now and I cant seem to use the 5 way d-pad to select the icons when I press the hard keys that I pre-selected. Can you enable this as well? I downloaded the .prc only-- prehaps you only updated the zipfile?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by starrwulfe
    Im using v 1.2 now and I cant seem to use the 5 way d-pad to select the icons when I press the hard keys that I pre-selected. Can you enable this as well? I downloaded the .prc only-- prehaps you only updated the zipfile?
    starrwulfe, try pressing the 5-way center button when the launch window is first displayed. This will select the top-left icon. Then use the d-pad to select other icons. Press the d-pad again to launch the application.
    uhhh OK, im an *****! Thanx!
    I'm bummed. I'd love to try it on my 270. Why is it only for OS5? Or did I mis-interpret the quote on the website: "Works on all Palm OS ® 5 handhelds"

Dave
    Yup.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by DaveyDave
    I'm bummed. I'd love to try it on my 270. Why is it only for OS5? Or did I mis-interpret the quote on the website: "Works on all Palm OS ® 5 handhelds"

Dave
    Dave,

SpeedLaunch currently only works on OS 5. This is because it uses features that are not in earlier versions of the Palm OS. It may be possible to implement a version that is compatible with OS 4.1 and earlier, but I can make no promises.

Geoff
    how is this different from 1 button Pro?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey